Unable to log into Spectrum News app

w4tnyw4tny Posts: 11 ✭✭✭

I am a Spectrum customer trying to sign into the Spectrum News (Bay News 9) app on my Android phone. But there is no response when I repeatedly click the blue “Sign In” button. What is the secret to logging into this app?

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,580 ADMIN
    Jan 13, 2021

A couple follow up questions,

1. Is there an error message at any point, or does the app just "hang" ?
    2. Are you trying to access the app for the first time, or have you been able to use the app before ?
    3. What device are you using (please include the model and OS information) ?

Thanks!

• w4tnyw4tny Posts: 11 ✭✭✭
    Jan 13, 2021

James, there is NO error message at any point and the app just "hangs" (doesn't do anything). I have viewed the app before but not been able to log in during any session. I am using Moto G Power phone with Android version 10. Thanks!

Jan 13, 2021

Thanks. have you also tried deleting and reinstalling the app? As well, are you able to access any other Spectrum apps or log into your My Spectrum account?

Jan 13, 2021

Yes, I deleted and reinstalled the app several times: No difference. I can log into My Spectrum as usual.

Jan 13, 2021

Thanks, do you have a different device such as an iPhone, tablet or iPad that you can you use to test the app to determine if the issue is with the Moto G or with the app credentials?

Jan 13, 2021

James, I downloaded the app on my Galaxy Tab A running Android version 10 and am able to log in. But still no luck on my Moto G.

Jan 16, 2021

James, any hope that I can log in on my Moto G?

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 56 MOD
    Jan 17, 2021

Hi @w4tny

Since I saw this post, I tested out the app on my phone, I'm using a Moto G7 with Android 10. I was able to sign in, but I did notice that as soon as I installed the app, it gave me a blue sign in button, but then asked for my city/zip code information first and didn't prompt me for a log in. I had to do the initial set up and then use the menu to sign in. Does it do anything like that for you when you try to sign in or does it not navigate to the next screen?

Renee

Jan 17, 2021

Thanks, Renee. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app (several times) on my Moto G Power phone with Android version 10. It continues to recognize my zip code even though I have denied "location services" and keeps decreasing the "days of access remaining" but won't let me log in. Very frustrating!

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 17, 2021

Are you having trouble on any other devices?

Jan 17, 2021

No, I am able to log into the app on my Galaxy Tab A running Android 10 but not on on my Moto G running Android 10. Very strange!

• Renee_TRenee_T Posts: 56 MOD
    Jan 18, 2021

When you click the icon in the upper left hand corner, the first menu option should be "sign in for full access" when you press that does it seem like the button just doesn't work at all, or does it look like it's redirecting and then stalling out?

Jan 18, 2021

Thanks, Renee. The "Sign in for unlimited access" button just doesn't work at all, no response whatsoever.

• Community_HelpCommunity_Help Posts: 11 MOD
    Jan 18, 2021

@w4tny

Thanks. Who is the service provider for the Moto G?

Jan 18, 2021

Verizon Wireless

• Community_HelpCommunity_Help Posts: 11 MOD
    Jan 18, 2021

Thanks. Can you check your settings and verify if "boosted" color display mode is enabled? If it is, please disable it and try logging in again.

Jan 18, 2021

I tried all three color options (natural, boosted, saturated) ... no difference: the "Sign in for unlimited access" button just doesn't work, no response.

Jan 20, 2021

Thanks. Are you able to provide a screen shot of the log in attempt?

Jan 20, 2021

James, I tried but the Spectrum News app says screenshots are not allowed.