Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Can I buy a Sagemcom SAC2V2S router from Spectrum?

bill90403bill90403 Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Home Networking Jan 12, 2021

I'm getting Internet service from Spectrum and I have the Hitron EN2251 modem and the Sagemcom SAC2V2S router at home and I think the router maybe going bad and I really cannot afford to lose the Internet and wait for repair or replacement. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a Sagemcom SAC2V2S router from Spectrum (or anywhere else) that's guaranteed to work with the Hitron EN2251 modem? I just want to have a spare in case the router goes bad one day. Thanks!

Accepted Answers

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 12, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hi Bill,

You can't "buy" anything from Spectrum. You rent equipment and services from Spectrum on a month to month basis. Some people however, like to purchase their own router instead of renting one from Spectrum for an additional $5.00 a month. For the fastest answer on this topic, I would go to Twitter. Sign up or log in, and follow the "Ask Spectrum page." Tweet to them to make sure that the Sagemcom router is compatable with Spectrum equipment, Ask them to check the approved router list. Also, please let them know the modem that you have as well.

Or call for a service visit to rent a Spectrum authorized router. If you arrange to rent a router, have them check your signals and drop line, just to make sure that your service transmission is good.

Satch

• bill90403bill90403 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Jan 12, 2021 Accepted Answer

Replies

• bill90403bill90403 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Jan 12, 2021

Thanks for the information! Another alternative I'm thinking about is to buy my own modem+router combination. A friend of mine suggested the ARRIS SURFboard SB8200. According to the product page on Amazon, it's a DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem and claimed to be approved for Cox, Xfinity, Spectrum... I would like to check that against the approved modem list. Do you know where to go on the web to find that list of approved modems for Spectrum? Thanks!

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 312 MOD
    Jan 17, 2021

You can find a list of our authorized modems at: http://bit.ly/2DGyMJN.

This discussion has been closed.