Apple TV 4K Sound out of sync only one channel

H314H314 Posts: 5 ✭✭

The Spectrum App on Apple TV 4K is great except for the local NBC affiliate in St. Louis' sound - the sound is out of sync. It does not occur on any other channels and it does not occur on the iPhone Spectrum App. I have an LG OLED 4K TV.

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,580 ADMIN
    Jan 14, 2021

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app?

• H314H314 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Jan 14, 2021

Yes, I have deleted the app on the Apple TV and the Apple TV has been rebooted multiple times. Still Channel 5 is the only channel that I have noticed the audio out of sync.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,580 ADMIN
    Jan 15, 2021

Thanks. This maybe a connectivity issue, can you also restart the internet modem and let us know if that resolves the issue?

Jan 15, 2021

Same issue after reboot of the modem and I've been watching more carefully and it does occur on the spectrum.net live tv feature on my computer but not quite as bad. Bad transmission from the head end?

Jan 21, 2021

Here’s an update: If I use the NBC app on the Apple TV for live television there is no sound sync issues. As a result the issue has to be within the Spectrum Apple TV app.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,496 Lead Mod
    Jan 21, 2021

Hello! I am sorry to hear you are having trouble. I was able to locate an account with your email address from registration. If this is the correct account I do see that there was quite a low bitrate showing on one of the Apple TVs last evening after 7:45 PM. Was this when you were experiencing the issue?

The other Apple seems to have been okay today, I'm not seeing any lower bitrate of buffering issues.

Please let us know if you are still having issues..

Julia_R

Jan 21, 2021

No, last night was a system wide issue apparently as I had heard multiple people had the same issues. This is an ongoing issue since I started using Apple TV 4K instead of the set-top box. As mentioned earlier it does not occur on the live NBC app but does on the local NBC channel using the Spectrum app.