Is Spectrum TV app really disappearing on ROKU?

TV-GuyTV-Guy Posts: 10 ✭✭✭

I just upgraded all my ROKU sticks and now you are moving to Apple? Very frustrating since I had Apple products in the past and per your Spectrum tech support folks I converted several years ago to ROKU specifically to get the Spectrum TV app! Please advise when this change becomes the only way to use your app going forward, as this is a real problem for us!!

Replies

• JVJ83JVJ83 Posts: 13 ✭✭✭
    Jan 14, 2021

I also have Roku on every TV. If you already have the app downloaded to your Roku it will continue working for now, but it's frozen on the current version, with no way for them to update the app. And so they can't fix any of the problems in the Roku app (and there are many problems). If you accidently delete the app you are screwed. I'll probably be changing to Youtube TV until ALL the Roku app issues are resolved. YTTV lacks some channels but otherwise it's much better than Spectrum - especially their incredible DVR which is everything Spectrum's cDVR should be but isn't (and may never be on Roku.) Very unfortunate for Spectrum, which otherwise I like very much.

• rmohrmannrmohrmann Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
    Yesterday 1:44am

If Roku is giving them crap about the pricing, then I think Spectrum should make it downloadable on their own website and point users to a site on how to sideload. There are plenty of sites out there that show how to go into developer mode, connect to the Roku using a browser and upload your app.