Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

NHL Center Ice

WizKid45WizKid45 Posts: 1

Hello,

Does spectrum allow you to connect your Center Ice package with NHL.tv? I was ready to go with Center Ice until I found out you cant use the spectrum App. I'm hoping you can connect to NHL.tv and stream that way. I am also trying to find out if there any differences between NHL.tv and Center Ice.... from what I can tell, Center Ice has playoffs. Am I wrong here?

Thanks

Accepted Answers

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,019 ADMIN
    Jan 15, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. NHL Center Ice is a separate package from NHL.tv. NHL Center Ice is purchased with your Spectrum video service, requires an HD digital receiver and is not available for streaming on mobile devices. NHL.tv is a separate subscription service not connected to your Spectrum service. Playoff games are not included in NHL Center Ice, as playoff games are televised nationally on NBS, NBCSN and NHL Network.

For more details, please visit, NHL Center Ice .

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 394 MOD
    Jan 15, 2021 Accepted Answer

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, at this time, you are not able to link your Center Ice package with the Spectrum TV app. I believe the one major difference between NHL.TV and Center Ice is that NHL.TV is sold directly by the league as a streaming only product, whereas Center Ice is the product that is sold by the various cable operators.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Thank you.

Replies

• Rich44203Rich44203 Posts: 12 ✭✭✭
    Jan 15, 2021

Do we know why this is the case? Other providers, Dish. Directv, allow you to link your satellite account with nhl.tv in order to stream the games as well.

• Rich44203Rich44203 Posts: 12 ✭✭✭
    edited January 16 Jan 16, 2021

Also, for the past two nights for the Washington Capitals/Buffalo Sabres games - the same feed (Buffalo) is on 740 and 741. Shouldn't one of these be the Capitals TV feed? Also, why is the Penguins game blacked out tonight in the Akron, OH area. It says it is also televised on the NHL Network which is not part of my TV package. If you subscribe to the NHL Center Ice package - why isn't the NHL Network channel part of it?

This discussion has been closed.