Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Closed Captioning on by default

Rob_Jan2021Rob_Jan2021 Posts: 2 ✭✭
in TV Equipment Jan 15, 2021

I find that Closed Captioning is on by default each time I start the Spectrum TV app on my new tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite). This forces me to click the "CC" button each time I start the app so as to shutoff closed captioning. I find no "setting" that controls this. What is causing this problem?

I do not see this problem with the same app installed on my cell phone (Motorola Moto G (4th Gen.) Unlocked).

The app version is "8.15.0.11437513.release".

I reinstalled the app on my tablet, but that doesn't solve the issue.

I also do not see this problem in my Chrome browser running on my Windows 10 PC.

Accepted Answers

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 284 MOD
    Jan 16, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello @Rob_Jan2021 and welcome to the forums!

Some Android devices have a function that turn this option on automatically. Could you check through your settings on your device under Accessibility to see if you can find anything that would cause the closed captioning to be run through the device instead of the app? I am not seeing any options available in the app itself that would cause that to happen.

Thank you.

Paul_B

• Rob_Jan2021Rob_Jan2021 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Jan 16, 2021 Accepted Answer

Yes, that was it. Settings>Accessibility>Hearing enhancements>Subtitle settings>Google subtitles (CC) was turned on and that caused CC to turn on each time I started the Spectrum TV app.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.