Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Bring Back Antenna TV (WSYX 6.4) in central Ohio on Ch. 989

FilmFanFilmFan Posts: 6 ✭✭

After WSYX made changes to it's broadcast signal in early January, channel 989, which carried WSYX's dot 3 signal became a duplicate of WTTE Fox 28 when WSYX placed that station on the dot 3. Antenna TV moved to the newly added dot 4 on the off-air signal. How about switching out channel 989 to Antenna TV??? We don't need a duplicate of WTTE Fox 28....makes zero sense and a waste of digital bandwidth. It's been over a week and nothing's changed. Please get Antenna TV back on the line-up.

Replies

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 394 MOD
    edited January 16 Jan 16, 2021

Hello @FilmFan

I can certainly understand your frustration with losing that channel when the local station made those changes. I can certainly pass along feedback to our team to request that channel. Unfortunately, this does not guarantee that the channel would be added, but I can definitely pass that along.

Thank you.

Paul_B

• FilmFanFilmFan Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Jan 22, 2021

Just to make it clear, this isn't ADDING a new channel.

Antenna TV was available on our line-up then taken away due to a technical change made by broadcaster WSYX. The station didn't drop Antenna TV, just moved it. It makes no sense for Spectrum to duplicate FOX, which is already carried on the system on another channel. Decisions should be made on content, not technical quirks of a broadcaster turning on ATSC 3.0 service.

• BrianAntennaBrianAntenna Posts: 1
    Jan 25, 2021

I also need antenna tv back. In the meantime I am buying an over the air dvr so i can get my favorite channel antenna tv back. Once I get that set up, I may not need cable any more.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 28, 2021

@FilmFan

The decision was made by the broadcaster, not by Spectrum. If WSYX made changes to what is carried where, that would be something you will want to provide them feedback on.

I am sorry that this is not something we can correct for you. They would need to move that content back to the feed we carry.

Julia_R

Jan 28, 2021

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the change in multicast channel position was made by the broadcaster, but that's too simple of a "resolution" to this issue for Spectrum customers.

Obviously, I do not know the technical reasons for why WSYX had to duplicate the signal of WTTE Fox 28 on their WSYX 6.3 channel when activating the new ATSC 3.0 service and adding a new dot 4 which now carries Antenna TV. I also do not know the particulars of Charter's contract with WSYX's owner, Sinclair Broadcast Group, in regards to multicast carriage. Asking WSYX to "move" Antenna TV BACK to the dot 3 without knowing the technical reasons why they did this in the first place seems like passing the buck to me.

But I would think that it would be in the best interest of Charter's team to look into this situation and address it. There is absolutely NO reason to duplicate WTTE Fox 28 on channel 989. It makes zero sense. It also deprives Spectrum customers of another program service that IS still available in the market. It is not up to the broadcaster to "move that content back to the feed we carry," when Spectrum could easily make the switch technically to the dot 4 signal. ALL of WSYX's multicast feeds are available on both the broadcast signal AND the direct link the Columbus system has with WSYX.

This IS something Spectrum can correct.

Feb 11, 2021

Well that's one way to solve this issue. Channel 989 has been removed from the line-up. Thanks a lot, Charter.

This discussion has been closed.