Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Previous Channel Doesn't Function Properly

Stephen12Stephen12 Posts: 3 ✭✭
in TV Equipment Jan 19, 2021

This is an issue on 2 different boxes (one DVR one non-DVR) and with 2 different remotes (one standard Spectrum remote and one universal remote). My previous channel button doesn't always take me to the last channel I was on and I can't seem to figure out the pattern. For example, I could turn on the TV to ESPN. Then change the channel to HBO. Then change the channel to ABC. And when I press previous channel, it will skip over HBO and go back to ESPN. So now I'm on ESPN, and I change the channel to MTV, and press previous channel, and it will decide to go back to HBO. It's incredibly odd. Now once I go back and forth between two channels using the previous channel button, those two channels will remain the only two in the previous channel rotation. But if I change to another channel, it's anyone's guess which will be the "previous channel" this time. I know this sounds rambling, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for how it works so it's the best I can do to explain it. If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks!

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19 Jan 19, 2021

Hey Stephen,

What are the models of those boxes? I have heard of this issue. But I don't have an explanation. Perhaps a channel has to be viewed for a certain amount of time before it can be recalled as a "Last Channel." Has anyone else with New Spectrum Guide had Stephen's issues with random last channel recall?

I CAN tell you some things that I know about Spectrum Guide:

For one thing, On Demand is NOT a channel. It is a menu overlay. We have seen customers go to On Demand, than another channel, and than they can't go back to On Demand using LAST button functionality. But they can't no matter what because On Demand functionality is a menu overlay of many choices, it is not a single channel. Therefore, if you are watching HBO On Demand, the explanation above would apply.

But if you are watching one of the regular HBO channels, and you do the last channel recall, it should be going back to the regular last channel viewed.

My suggestion for any Spectrum Community Members Running Spectrum Guide on World (No Clock) Boxes.

1.) Watch several NOT ON DEMAND channels for a period of time on your World Boxes and do a 10 second wait, a five minute wait, a half hour wait and than select the LAST button on your remote, to see how often the new Spectrum Guide goes to the last channel as it should, or goes randomly to another channel.

2.) Note the amount of time that you watched a channel before going back to your last channel. And when you went back to the last channel, was it really the last channel viewed?

3.) Report your findings here by replying to this post. This way we can look for channel changing patterns with the LAST CHANNEL viewed on World Boxes with Spectrum Guide to see if we can see a pattern, or if this is something random? We can guide community responses to answer these questions.

Satch

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 26, 2021

Update inquiry?

Have any users or staffers tried my above steps? Results?

Satch

• Stephen12Stephen12 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Jan 26, 2021

The issue persists. Was told it was an issue with the type of box I had and that this issue is widespread and they've been working on it for a long time but don't have an estimate for when it might be fixed.

• catchtwentytwocatchtwentytwo Posts: 8 ✭✭✭
    Jan 27, 2021

I've found that on our World Box 210H with Spectrum Guide, On Demand Titles MAY show up in Library as Recently Watched and MAY resume playing where they left off. Also have watched TV shows and programing on HBO, Showtime, and Starz and had them available to resume in Library Rentals.

They eventually won't Resume and will disappear from Library, haven't determined how long it takes for that to happen.

This discussion has been closed.