Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

DVR Fast-Forward Delay

Stephen12Stephen12 Posts: 3 ✭✭
in TV Equipment Jan 19, 2021

There used to be a function on the Spectrum DVR where when you were fast-forwarding through something you DVRed, when you pressed "PLAY" you could have it set so that it automatically reverted back (maybe 5 or 10 seconds) so that you didn't have to perfectly time your press of the button. This was a very useful function, but seems to be gone now. Am I just missing it? Please advise. Thank you!

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 19, 2021

Hello, Stephen,

To my knowledge, the new Spectrum Guide does not have the feature to which you are referring, "DVR Compensation" which allowed a specified amount of time where the DVR would jump back a certain number of seconds when using rewind. This feature is on the ODN software, found on boxes with clocks in legacy TWC/BHN markets. Settings would enable the DVR to compensate in rewind, where users could go back More, Less, or not at all (None.)

I am sure that one of our moderators can forward your request that you want to see DVR Compensation brought to the New Spectrum Guide boxes! Users can also submit Spectrum Guide feedback on feature requests to @Ask Spectrum, with a Twitter account by following that page. Or by calling Spectrum to request a new feature for the new Spectrum Guide. The more people who submit requests, the higher that information gets prioritized for new software updates in forthcoming releases,

Satch

This discussion has been closed.