Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Removing an old Adelphia email address from Spectrum

kreastmankreastman Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited August 5 in Internet 2021 Archive Jan 21, 2021

In June 2020 there was a discussion on removing an old Adelphia email address from Spectrum. Does anyone know if the original poster was successful, and if so, how it was done? I have the same problem and would like to know how to fix it.

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 21, 2021

Good afternoon!

Those old Adelphia email addresses are aliases that basically point to one of the newer email boxes.

Are you looking to have email in general disabled?

Julia_R

• kreastmankreastman Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Jan 21, 2021

The old Adelphia address has recently been hacked and is being used to send spam to my contacts. I want to delete it altogether so it can never be used again. I don't want my current Roadrunner email disabled, just Adelphia.

• kreastmankreastman Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Jan 21, 2021

Just spent half an hour in a Spectrum online chat and they could not help. They don't show an Adelphia email address with my account, although it obviously exists somewhere in the Spectrum system. How can I get them to fix the problem if they can't identify it?

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 22, 2021

I am going to send you a private message so we can gather some additional information and see what we can do to help with this.

If you will get back to me when you can! Thanks!

Julia_R

• RDRunnerRDRunner Posts: 1
    Feb 26, 2021

I'm having the same issue. Any thoughts as how to disable this horrible albatross of an account?

This discussion has been closed.