Nueva comunidad de Spectrum

Hemos creado una comunidad latina para darles a los clientes de habla hispana la opción de hacer preguntas y obtener respuestas en español. Comunidad Latina

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Consistent outages with new self-install modem and Google Wifi

davidfcaindavidfcain Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited August 5 in Internet 2021 Archive Jan 21, 2021

I have been having a severe issue since I had the new modem installed, with outages every 3-5 hours. Originally I thought it was an issue with my Airport, so I moved to a more modern router, but it continues to go in an out. I have kept track of when it has gone out (since I have started writing it down, it has been happening for a while).

January 21, 2021

outage, 12:15 AM

outage, 9:45 AM

outage, 12:15 PM

The outages last about 5 minutes, what is going on?

Tagged:

Replies

• misterjmisterj Posts: 194 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22 Jan 21, 2021

davidcain, need more information. What is Google WiFi? What modem do you have? What router do you have? What service do you have? Enjoy, John.

• davidfcaindavidfcain Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited January 22 Jan 21, 2021

We have whatever the current self-install modem is, spectrum sent it in a box. Here are the nperf results (when the wifi is working it is extremely fast) , for a while, I had the issue where only sites from Google would load, but that seems to have gone away.

Jan 21, 2021

And, it just happened again, at 1:15 PM

• misterjmisterj Posts: 194 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 21, 2021

Sorry, davidcain, I know nothing about this service. I would suggest that you contact your ISP and ask for a service call. I would be curious to hear. Thanks, John.

Jan 22, 2021

Since my first post, I have had 3 more outages now, making a total of 7, as of now.

outage, 3:59 PM

outage, 6:30 PM

outage, 7:44 PM

This never happened with the old modem, i'd honestly like it back.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,670 Lead Mod
    Jan 22, 2021

Hello!

When you see the drops, do you see the lights on the modem change? Are you able to login and provide us with the signal levels and modem logs? That would help greatly in trying to sort out what is happening.

Do you notice that all devices are dropping at the same time? Lastly does this happen when you are directly connected to the modem or just when you are going through your router/home network equipment?

Julia_R

Jan 22, 2021

I checked last night, the lights don't change at all. It happens to every device in the house (when using the router), even when I am wired into the modem.

Jan 22, 2021

That is unusual for the lights not to change on the modem is it is dropping connection.

Are you able to access the modem logs? That should give us a better idea what is happening there.

Julia_R

Jan 23, 2021

Typing in the IP address of the modem shows nothing, do I need to be hooked up to it in a special way?

Jan 23, 2021

So far, today has been a good day, until 6:00 PM, where the outages increased in frequency

outage, 6:00 PM

outage, 7:20 PM

outage, 7:40 PM

outage, 7:45 PM

outage, 7:56 PM

outage, 8:08 PM

outage, 8:28 PM

outage, 8:40 PM

outage, 8:45 PM

The lights on the modem do not change whatsoever when this occurs, but the routers immediately go offline.

Jan 23, 2021

And, this is for a grand total of 19 4-5 minute long interruptions over the last two days, including the one that just occurred at 8:57

Jan 23, 2021

What kind of modem are you using? We can look up what the login IP would be if we know this.

Also you would want to be directly connected to the modem with an Ethernet cable. You want also to make certain that the computer is the only device connected to the modem, the router should be disconnected when testing direct to the modem.

If you will let us know the make and model we should be able to give you instructions to login.

Julia_R

Jan 23, 2021

ET2251, and come to think of it, a green light on the back ethernet port comes on whenever it is doing the thing.

This discussion has been closed.