Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Spectrum Business Email IMAP accounts have quit working

JerrywinJerrywin Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 5 in Internet 2021 Archive Jan 27, 2021

I am the Administrator of Spectrum Business Email Account and several of our Outlook IMAP clients have stopped working. The users have not changed anything on their computers. I have called support several times and have not been able to get an answer as to why these email accounts are not working with Outlook correctly. The users can access their email using Spectrum Business webmail.

I have been able to add an Outlook IMAP user and it works perfectly, however three existing Outlook IMAP users cannot use their Outlook. Furthermore, I have tried to add myself as an Outlook IMAP user to one of the existing accounts and it will not work.

Everything looks good on the ODIN panel at my end, but something has obviously changed on the Spectrum Business server side and I cannot seem to get that point across to the tech support people I have spoken too. One tech support person I spoke with was a broken record and said Spectrum only supports OWA.

I am using all of the recommended settings for Outlook and as a test, I have setup two accounts yesterday using Outlook IMAP and they work perfectly, however three existing Outlook IMAP accounts have quit working and no one at Spectrum Business can explain why.

Is there somebody at Spectrum Business in IT that can solve this issue. This is very frustrating for me and my users. I have done all that I can do other than telling the users to use Webmail.

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 28, 2021

Hello! I am sorry you are having trouble.

You indicate that the 2 new ones are working. "I have been able to add an Outlook IMAP user and it works perfectly" This tells us specifically that nothing on our server has changed. Since we do not directly support outlook it is difficult to know if there have been any changes on their end. Our first suggestion would be to remove the email addresses that are having problems and then re-add them. You can also test those emails by adding them to a different client and test that way. IMAP has not been disabled.

Julia_R

• JerrywinJerrywin Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Jan 28, 2021

Thank you for your response to my issues.

I do wish to restate that the users that are not able to access their email using Outlook have been working for several years with no problems. Their accounts work using OWA however. Two of them are Windows 10 computers and one is an Apple iMac. They are on different networks.

Regarding your suggestions:

(1). If I remove the "problem" email addresses and reinstall, won't that delete all of the existing email off of the server?

(2) I have tried adding one of the "problem" Outlook email addresses to the same Windows 10 computer that I used to set up and test a new Outlook email account (that works) and I cannot add the "problem" account to Outlook. It will not connect to the server. The new account that I added works perfectly. I used the same settings on each.

Thanks for any suggestions.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 29, 2021

If outlook is not set to remove from the server, that should not happen. You are removing the email its self from the program, not deleting the individual emails. If you are not comfortable with that however you can contact Microsoft and check with them. It is my understanding that you can also save those locally.

Your having set up the new emails and them working with those settings shows us with out any doubt that nothing has changed on our side. They are also able to send and receive from our web portal correct?

This is a problem with Outlook. In my experience removing the email address and then re-adding it has been successful in restoring function.

Julia_R

• JerrywinJerrywin Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Feb 01, 2021

Julia,

Thank you again for you response and suggestions.

With all due respect, I have tried everything and these problem IMAP accounts will not connect. I have even tried several email clients with the same results. As an experiment, I was able to get one of the problem accounts to connect as a POP account.

Again, each user of the problem accounts can access their email OWA, but they have been using IMAP successfully until recently. Again, I was able to set up a new account with IMAP and no issues.

Therefore, my opinion is that there is a misconfiguration on the Spectrum server for these problem IMAP accounts.

I have already called tech support twice with no answers other than Spectrum doesn't support Outlook. I get it, but you do support IMAP, OWA and POP. This isn't an Outlook problem.

I am going to call tech support once again, how to I elevate this problem?

Thanks again for your help.😀

This discussion has been closed.