Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Does Spectrum email have advanced filters?

Ed_DEd_D Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited August 5 in Internet 2021 Archive Jan 30, 2021

Spectrum EMAIL has Filters where you can Direct EMAIL based on contents. The filters by Default are simple, as are the examples. Ie if Subject "Contains" "Order" place the EMAIL in the "Orders" Folder.

Other systems have more advanced functions available, and if they are, I'd like to know where I can find the documentation.

Specifically, I would like to send incoming EMAIL to the "Spam" folder if the length of the "From" field exceeds 100 characters. Almost all of the SPAM I receive that is not caught by the default Spectrum SPAM filter, is "From" an EMAIL address obscenely long. IE

drakesophia71++HE3INF8U-2I25-EYV5-TJ4A-KAUFWRQ621Z72EFTGT92-0[email protected]gmail.com

I guess I could ask for an enhancement request to address this case, but that might take some time.

Best Answer

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 394 MOD
    Jan 30, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello @Ed_D and welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, there are no other advanced filters available other than what is currently in the webmail site. I can certainly pass along feedback to our product development to advise that more advanced filters would be something you would like to see in future releases of the Webmail platform.

If you should have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.

Replies

• Ed_DEd_D Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Jan 30, 2021

Thank you Paul. Perhaps you could also pass on enhancement request to the group that maintains the default SPAM filters.

• retiredafretiredaf Posts: 18 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 31, 2021

Looks like this is the latest attempt from the spammers to get past the filters since GMAIL is a legit email service. I hope they can do something to the filters since these email names are so obviously bogus.

This discussion has been closed.