Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Who do I need to call to effectively solve choppy audio and video problem?

manolet0manolet0 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2 in Channels & Programming Feb 02, 2021

Since December 18, 2020, we've been experiencing choppy audio and video on some premium channels (Bloomberg and HBO to name a couple). Technicians who came on 12/18 inspected the inside cabling and determined that the problem was caused by outside problems that were being worked on. I had a tech today to work on the same choppy sound and video, replace the tuning adaptor, and I got the same answer from 12/18. It seems that nobody at Spectrum is working on this old problem, or nobody cares to solve it. Who do I need to call to effectively solve this annoying and old choppy audio and video problem?

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb 02, 2021

Hi and Welcome!

That is a long time to be working on an issue. Where are you located? City, State, and Zip? I would contact Customer Care, and say that you would like to have a CATV issue escalated to tier 3 tech support, as you have had choppy audio and video on Bloomberg and HBO for the past two and a half months. At least see if they can remove the charge for HBO until this gets fixed so that you get some kind of compensation. If HBO is part of your package, ask if you can get something like a $15 credit each month until this gets fixed.

Ask the rep for your ticket number, allowing about 10-14 days to get this issue resolved. When you call in, at about two week intervals, give them that ticket number so that each of you have a follow up reference. I would hope that since this is February 1, 2021, that this gets resolved no later than 30 days. Post back and let us know what you did.

Allow about five business days for the HBO credit to appear on your account.

Satch

• manolet0manolet0 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited February 2 Feb 02, 2021

I'm in Cypress, CA 90630. Is tech support = customer care? I'm on the phone with someone who says it will help me.

I spent 35 minutes on the phone and at the end a person told me that there is no such thing as as "tier 3" and refused to give me a ticket number. He also refused to transfer me to his supervisor. This is why Spectrum can't fix anything, nobody is responsible for anything. The buck never stops with anyone.

Now I'm more frustrated than before. Satch, Who is telling the truth?

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb 02, 2021

Yes,

Tech support is customer care. Change in plan. Don't ask about the tier three escalation. Call back and say you have had problems with HBO and Bloomberg channel pixilating for the last two and a half months and techs have visited, unable to solve the problem. Some issues can be frustrating, but do your best to be nice to the phone reps, Than, the are more willing to help.

Ask if you can get at least a two month credit for HBO because of the pixilation issues. See what they say.

Satch

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,011 ADMIN
    Feb 02, 2021

@manolet0

I apologize for the frustration and the service issues. You mentioned a tuning adapter in your first post. What device are you using for the tuning adapter and is this the only device experiencing the issue with HBO and Bloomberg? Also, during your attempts to resolve this issue, have you contacted CableCard support directly (1-866-532-2598) at any point? CableCard support is able to pair tuning adapters and can usually resolve most issues.

Thanks!

James

• manolet0manolet0 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Feb 02, 2021

James_M, No, I have not contacted Cable Card Support, I had a extra bad experience about 2 years ago with that department and had to complain to the FCC to get resolution. BTW, this is not pixelation, is lost of frames for 1 or 2 seconds. I tried to upload a video for you to witness it but no mp4s are allowed.

I'll have to file a complaint with the FCC again, since nobody takes ownership of this problem, everybody passes the buck, gives excuses.

I could cut the cord all together, but the Mrs. is addicted to cable and I've spent money on TiVos.

The original purpose of this thread was to get the phone number of a person to take ownership of this problem and fix this problem. Unfortunately, managers at Spectrum are not accessible or accountable.

This discussion has been closed.