Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Screensaver comes on after 30 seconds of inactivity

MgraybarMgraybar Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited February 9 in TV Equipment Feb 07, 2021

When I go to the guide or anything else other than the full picture (live or recorded program), the Spectrum screensaver comes on after 30 seconds of inactivity. How can I disable this?

Best Answer

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb 08, 2021 Accepted Answer

This sounds like a box problem.

I would suggest turning off the box and TV. unplug the box from the wall outlet, and wait for a minute or so, than plug the box back in, waiting for the system to reboot.

When the reboot is done, see if the screensaver is still happening. If it is, or the problem comes back, you might have to swap out your box.

Satch

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb 07, 2021

Hello,

30 seconds is much too soon. The Spectrum Screen Saver comes on after about five minutes of inactivity. (With the Spectrum name on it.) Are you sure that this is what you are seeing and not the guide time grid or not some overlay menu? Can you post a screenshot of this screensaver? Also, do you know the make and model of your box, and can you post for us also a picture of your guide?. The Time Grid screen would be good. There are different guides for different boxes.

Additionally, do you have a box without a clock (World Box) or a box with a clock?

Satch

• MgraybarMgraybar Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Feb 07, 2021

I selected guide and didn't do anything else. Within 10 seconds I got the bouncing Spectrum screensaver. I tried Spectrum Chat Support to no avail. They said to call customer care at 833-780-1880. Havent done that yet.

• MgraybarMgraybar Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Feb 08, 2021

Thanks, Satch. The reboot seems to have fixed it for now. Will wait & see if it comes back.

This discussion has been closed.