Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Where is the IR receiver located on the front of the Spectrum 101 H cable box?

Tracy_DTracy_D Posts: 2 ✭✭
in TV Equipment Feb 08, 2021

I am trying to place an IR emitter on the face of the 101 H cable box because my cable box is in a cabinet. Can anyone tell me where the receiver is located on the face of the 101 H cable box?

Best Answer

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb 09, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hey Tracy,

From Google Search:" The new boxes are a bit fussy but the ir receiver is about 13 of the width from the left side of the box almost dead center of the height of the box. Shine a flashlight on the front panel and you will see a round bubble."

Did you get, or do you have a World Box remote? These provide IR responses without the need to be directly pointed at the box itself and the new World Boxes can be set up and configured as such.

Older remotes will work with World Boxes (Boxes without clocks.) But they do have to pointed within a reasonable line of site from the CATV receiver.. The World Box remotes also seem to go through batteries faster.

Satch

Replies

This discussion has been closed.