Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Having issue with recording series on only one station.

Louise1955Louise1955 Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
edited February 11 in TV Equipment Feb 10, 2021

Having issue with recording series on only one station: Columbus market WSYXDT3 (Channel 8). This issue started about a week or two ago when this Fox channel was changed from WTTE to WSYXDT3. When I record series, it appears that it works. However, it is only recording for that day. I changed from new only to all, and still seeing the same issue. This is the only channel that I am having this issue with.

Best Answer

• Louise1955Louise1955 Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
    Feb 26, 2021 Accepted Answer

I ended up contacting Spectrum again. They were able to replicate my issue and sent the issue on to their engineering group. I'm not sure exactly what they did, but changes on their end took care of my issue. It was definitely something related to the call letters changing on the station that I was trying to record.

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,753 ADMIN
    Feb 10, 2021

@Louise1955

Welcome! Sorry for any service issues. Just to clarify, are you trying to record using Cloud DVR or are you using a standard cable box DVR?

Feb 10, 2021

Standard cable box DVR. Didn't even know there was a Cloud DVR.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10 Feb 10, 2021

Hello,

Is this for ANY series on WSYXDT3 (Channel 8). in the Columbus market, or just one specific series? If it is only one series, what is the series?. Some questions: things to check:

1.) What is the make and model of your cable box?

2.) What Guide do you have? Spectrum has several. To check this information, Google search, "What guide do I have?", Spectrum and you will be taken to a support page. Enter your street address and screenshot for us a picture of your guide. Post the picture in this thread.

3.) In your Guide's Time Grid, have the WSYXDT3 (Channel 8). call letters been updated to reflect the station change? If they have not, it is possible that Gracenote (the TV listing provider who does listing data on the guides for Spectrum and other TV vendors as well) has not updated the listing data, so the DVR is not recording a series as a series on that channel, but is only treating the listing as a single day recording.

4.) I would refer users with listing errors in their guide to please see my thread, "How to Report Guide Listing Errors" as a reference. ESPECIALLY if #3 is an issue. This does sound like a guide listing problem, which should be reported to Gracenote:

https://community.spectrum.net/discussion/168713/how-to-report-guide-listing-errors-the-answer

Satch

Feb 11, 2021

Thanks for the detailed troubleshooting. First, this is happening with EVERY series on WSYXDT3 (Channel 8). in the Columbus market. As for the other questions:

1. Make and model is Humax Spectrum 200
    2. I have the Spectrum Guide
    3. The Guide's Time Grid, the call letters for WSYXDT3 (Channel 8). have been updated to reflect the station change. For channel 8, it was previously WTTE, which are now the call letters for Channel 9.
    4. I will check out your thread.

Again, thank you.

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,753 ADMIN
    Feb 11, 2021

@Louise1955

A couple follow up questions:

1. Have you tried restarting the cable box? Restarting the box usually resolves most issues.
    2. If you have another cable box, do you get the same error when you attempt to record the same programming?

Feb 11, 2021

The cable box has been restarted, both by me and Spectrum remotely. This is the only DVR box that I have in the home. I got an answer from someone else who suggested that it may be an issue with the company (Grace Note) that is responsible for keeping channels and call letters up to date as far as recordings. Again, this issue began when Channel 8 (formerly WTTE) in the Columbus, OH market was changed to WSYXDT3 a couple of weeks ago. I have reached out to Grace Note via email with my issue. Hopefully, they can resolve it. Again, this is only happening on this one station, and it is for every series that I am trying to record. All other stations are recording the series as expected.

• San_Diego_userSan_Diego_user Posts: 1
    Feb 26, 2021

I have the exact same problem in San Diego, CA, channel 7 NBC KNSDDT. Using a Spectrum 210-H unit.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27 Feb 27, 2021

For @San_Diego_user and all having the issue above where a series being set up on only one channel. is only being recorded for a day:

This is likely when a station's call letters change for a listing,. but the cable guide software listings data has not been updated to reflect the series listing data: to accurately reflect correct time grid programs and searches. Other times, the call letters will change correctly, but the guide listings still have old data in the listing search database.

See in particular my first post on how to report Guide listing errors:

You will need to provide the following to Gracenote:

1.) The make and model of your cable box.

2.) The type of guide you have, To find this, Google Search, Spectrum, "What Guide do I have?" you may have to enter your street address.

3.) Your location, city, state, and zip.

4.) Screenshots of your guide.

5.) The station showing the guide error, and explain why there is an error.

Note that you could also report the above information to Spectrum. But Spectrum's guide data is provided by Gracenote.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.