Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Spectrum App keeps buffering

Thelma143Thelma143 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 15 in Spectrum TV - Other Devices Feb 11, 2021

Hi. As of lately the Spectrum App regarding live tv, on both my phone and tablet keep buffering. It is to the point where I am missing most of the program. This started happening within the last couple of days. And no it is not my internet because we can watch other platforms such as Netflix and Hulu. Also I have reset the router. The app has been updated recently and that is when the problem began. For awhile this app has been working pretty good, then this happened.

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,551 Lead Mod
    Feb 11, 2021

Hello Thelma143. Sorry you are having issues. Buffering is almost always connection related. While it may seem your connection is solid by viewing other apps, the difference is our live app does not have a prebuffer like many other On Demand type applications.

If the modem has repeated T3 timeouts or signal issues that would cause this. Issues with consistent speeds can also cause this.

Are both of your devices Android devices? We can certainly check on the latest release date for those to see if it coincides. I have not seen a lot of reports for this related to an update, certainly can not hurt to check on those.

Julia_R

• Thelma143Thelma143 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Feb 11, 2021

Hi thanks for your response. I have rebooted both my router and the modem. And I get my internet service from Spectrum. I also rebooted my devices as well and still get the issue. Unless Spectrum is slowing down the connection, I cannot see why the issue just started happening after I updated. It is possible it is coincidence.

Yes both devices are Android.

Feb 11, 2021

There can be a number of issues with the connection that could cause this outside of slow speeds.

What kind of modem are you using? You may be able to login to the modem and check the

logs there to see what errors you are seeing. You can also then check signal levels and FEC data.

Can you check the app version for us please? Are they showing as the same on both?

Julia_R

• Thelma143Thelma143 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Feb 11, 2021

The modem is Hitron, model #E31N2V1. How would I check the logs?

Feb 12, 2021

Those the user can not login to. I am going to move your discussion here to the follow up

section here in the community and private message you so we can look into that with you.

Julia_R