Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Can you change closed caption text size on the app

I am using a Samsung Smart TV. I change the text size to small on my computer but it remains large and takes up too much room. I don't see any way to change the settings when using the TV.

Thanks for any help.

Replies

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 407 MOD
    Feb 13, 2021

Hello @Leenc01 and welcome to the forums!

Please try the following to see if that changes anything.

Explore the Spectrum TV App for Samsung Smart TV | Spectrum Support

If this does not solve the problem, I would recommend trying the captions on the TV to see if that changes anything.

• Leenc01Leenc01 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Feb 13, 2021

I tried all of this and nothing changed the caption size on the TV or computer. This app is just not ready for prime time. The big problem is that the cloud DRV is not compatible with Samsung TV's. The people in the store and on the help desk say it is but when I finally got connected to the streaming department they confirmed is will not work on Samsung. This information needs to be made available to everyone. When that feature works on my TV I will give streaming TV choice another try.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb 14, 2021

Im sorry for the frustration with the settings on the Samsung.

The Closed Caption settings for the website are found under the settings. Select that with the little gear on the far right side. Gives quite a few different options for that, size, the window and background. The little CC icon is just to turn that on or off.

Julia_R

• Leenc01Leenc01 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Feb 14, 2021

I did all of those steps but the size only changed on my iPad and Apple TV. Not on computer and not on Samsung TV. I have given up on this for now and gone back to YouTube TV. More expensive but also more user friendly.

This discussion has been closed.