Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Sound quality. Any improvement coming?

ElPasoMikeElPasoMike Posts: 5 ✭✭✭

I use the app almost exclusively on Apple TV, but sound quality is not great. I know I could use the box, since I am forced to have one, but can’t stand using it.

Anyone know if there are plans to improve the quality of the streams that app puts out?

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,551 Lead Mod
    edited February 15 Feb 14, 2021

Hello! The audio quality should not be noticeably different from the cable box. What sort of issues are you having? Are you noticing the audio differences on other devices?

Julia_R

• ElPasoMikeElPasoMike Posts: 5 ✭✭✭
    Feb 14, 2021

The Spectrum app only puts out a 2 channel audio PCM signal, whereas when viewing the same program from the cable box, the audio signal is Dolby digital.

I have the cable box and the app (via Apple TV) coming into my receiver, and the difference is. Noticeable.

• HDTVGuyHDTVGuy Posts: 1
    edited February 23 Feb 23, 2021

Audio from the app is not as originally encoded on Roku either, which is inferior audio w/ no surround, than what comes out of a set top box. Why strip surround from channels on the app? And please, solve the Roku issue & then improve the app’s performance!