Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Accuweather now available-local weather not for our area listed yet.

Luna50Luna50 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 15 in Channels & Programming Feb 14, 2021

Any idea how long before the Accuweather channel will be showing local weather for us? Litchfield county in Connecticut.

Accepted Answers

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,551 Lead Mod
    Feb 14, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hi Luna.

That would be a question for the network, that being said we can look into things if you are seeing weather that is not even near to you. We have seen where the wrong feed is sent to a zip code.

Where are you seeing weather for now?

Julia_R

I have private messaged you to gather a bit more information.

See you there.

Julia_R

@catchtwentytwo I PMed you as well.

Hope to hear from you.

Julia_R

Replies

• Luna50Luna50 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited February 14 Feb 14, 2021

Local weather now is for northern New England. Worcester Ma., Athol Ma, Augusta Me, Bangor Me., Mostly Maine towns with some for areas of Ma. A long way from my zip code in CT. Nothing for Connecticut at all. I'm in the NW section of CT, Litchfield CT. Weather Channel locals for us are Torrington CT 06790, Winsted CT. 06098. Thanks for your reply.

• catchtwentytwocatchtwentytwo Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Feb 14, 2021

I have the same problem on our TVs via WorldBox 210-H. We live in lower Fairfield County CT ~ 60 miles from New York City but only get Accuweather's northern New England weather, nothing for our region. The Weather Channel gives local weather from Newtown CT. Spent 2 hours on Twitter yesterday only to be told that a ticket can't be open because "we would need more examples of issues in your area to submit the feed issue that your cable box is experiencing".

• nelsonjwnelsonjw Posts: 10 ✭✭✭
    Feb 18, 2021

@Julia_R If there is an issue on the local feed where it is the right area/market but problems with the display of the various city names, should that be reported to you or to AccuWeather (and if them, how?)

I am in a market that spans state lines and several of the cities displayed have the wrong state. In at least one case that causes confusion because there is a city by that name in the state -- a few hundred miles away on the other end of the state. Clearly, the intended city is not that one, but rather the nearby town in the other state. But several of the cities in the rotation show as the wrong state. PM me if you would like to collect specifics and I can provide them.

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,991 helper
    Feb 18, 2021

Yes,

To add to this, I am in Metro-Milwakee Wisconsin, and my Accuweather is not local enough. We get Milwaukee, Wisconsin, but about 12.5 miles away from where I am in Waukesha County. We don't even have Accuweather on the left hand side of the screen for the city of Waukesha. Even Weather Channel had that.

Satch