Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

TV (cable box, main tv) sound better (fuller and slightly louder) when guide is on

juandelajuandela Posts: 4 ✭✭
in TV Equipment Feb 17, 2021

Currently my overall sound is better when the guide is pulled up. When I close out of the guide, the sound goes back to a tinny, smaller sound. Any idea what is doing this? I've gone trough the audio settings and refreshed the box. Still an issue....

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,972 helper
    Feb 17, 2021

Hello,

We need to know what box model and guide you have.

To find your guide, Google Search, "What Guide do I Have?", Spectrum. Go to the Spectrum site and enter your street address. Post a picture of your guide. You also may want to check the audio settings on your TV and play with those settings to see if that makes a difference.

Satch

• juandelajuandela Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Feb 17, 2021

DCX3510MHD-DVR

It looks like we have the "Spectrum Guide". It looks like this:

Feb 17, 2021

Thank you for the photo,

You will want to check your audio outputs for both the box and the TV and set the audio outputs to "Fixed." Turn off any audio special effects and see if that makes a difference on your TV settings, (and box as well.)

On a scale of 1-10 for audio quality with the guide showing, let's say that's a 10

When you close the guide on a scale of 1-10, what is the numerical difference in sound quality?

If changing the audio settings on the TV or box to "fixed" output does not solve this, I would recommend a service call to check the quality of the cable signals coming into your home and mention this audio problem.

Satch

Feb 17, 2021

I'd give it a 6

Feb 17, 2021

Hi @juandela ,

That's enough of a drop that I would get a tech out to check your signals and box. I would say, anything less than an 8, needs attention. Let us know if changing audio settings on your TV makes a difference, but for now, set up that appointment.

Satch

Feb 18, 2021

I don't see any setting that gives me the option to make audio "fixed". what am I missing?

Feb 20, 2021

I would get a tech out to check your signals and your box.

Satch