Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Is Spectrum going to fix the Browser Flash player issue?

Cougarxr7SCCougarxr7SC Posts: 18 ✭✭✭
edited February 21 in Spectrum TV - Other Devices Feb 21, 2021

I cannot watch tv on my computer anymore because Flash player is no longer supported!

Is Spectrum going to fix this?

Best Answer

• Cougarxr7SCCougarxr7SC Posts: 18 ✭✭✭
    Yesterday 9:58am Accepted Answer

I got it fixed.

Did a check for MS updates this morning, and there was one.

Ran it and now I can watch Spectrum TV.

Not sure what the lady at spectrum was saying now....

"Someone threw a switch too soon"....

Thanks for your help!!!

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,972 helper
    Feb 21, 2021

Hello!

What browser and operating system are you running? Post a photo if you can of any error message. I am running Windows 10 using Microsoft Edge Chromium and Firefox. My desktop computer, with 8GB of RAM, runs Spectrum TV like a dream on both Firefox and MS Edge Chromium. My 4GB laptop, sputters on Spectrum TV in Firefox, but works great in MS Edge Chromium.

I uninstalled the flash plug in several months ago, and MS Edge Chromium disables Flash Player by default. Have word that the next Windows 10 update will remove Flash Player completely from the OS

All I have to do to get Spectrum TV to play well in MS Edge Chromium is to enable hardware acceleration.

I am pretty sure that Spectrum TV is now using the HTML 5 format for media playback.

Satch

Feb 22, 2021

Thanks for replying.

Enabling hardware acceleration on my browser did nothing.

Tech support at Spectrum told me that someone hit a switch too soon.

They also told they were going to kick my ticket to the higher ups.

I cannot believe that Spectrum does not have fix for this......

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,972 helper
    edited February 22 Feb 22, 2021

@Cougarxr7SC,

What OS and browser do you have? Have you tried clearing your cookies for TWC/Spectrum/Charter sites and than rebooting your computer or device?

Was the tech support over the phone customer care? or a field tech who came to your house?

When did the problem start? Any changes to the system? Newly installed hardware, software, or apps?

Just to be clear, is the site URL Spectrum TV that you are trying to access, where content does not play?

Satch

Yesterday 9:24am

I do not think you are reading what I wrote.

The lady at Spectrum told me she saw what was wrong and you still want to say it is on my end.

MS did an update last week after that update I could not log on to spectrum.

Go to spectrum.net , log in,

scroll to the bottom

you have options

watch TV

TV guide

click on one and it should take you there, but not me, it just keeps circling around like it is buffering.

I will be calling for a tech guy to come out and see what I am dealing with.

thanks for trying to help but please stop trying to tell me the problem/solution is my end.