Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Method to bulk delete emails?

racreccoracrecco Posts: 2 ✭✭
in Email Feb 23, 2021

I would like to bulk delete thousands of old email messages. I moved all my old messages to a separate folder labeled "Old" and attempted to delete the folder on twc Webmail. That does not work. The folder reappears and the total storage used remains the same. Spectrum support said to use the method whereby I can delete 100 emails at a time. That would take forever.

Does anybody have a suggestion? A third-party program or some trick that I can use on Webmial?

Thanks.

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,019 ADMIN
    Feb 23, 2021

Hi and welcome!

Unfortunately, there is not a quicker process for this task. The most efficient way to bulk delete is move the unwanted emails to "trash", then choose "purge all".

One shortcut that will somewhat help the process is that you can select the checkbox next to "from" in the folder to select "all", then select the next page and repeat the step, selecting all again. Once you have selected several tabs of emails, you can then select "move" and move to trash. All selected emails will be moved, so you can easily do several hundred at a time.

Please be aware that the more emails chosen to move, as well as overall volume of emails will add to the overall lag experienced when moving or deleting emails.

Hope this was helpful.

• racreccoracrecco Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Feb 23, 2021

James_M,

Thanks for your reply. While you suggestion would be an improvement upon deleting single pages of no more than 100 emails per page, the process is still way too slow and cumbersome. Spectrum needs to improve the interface as a whole including this aspect. Or increase mail storage to something approaching Gmail (15 GB).

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,019 ADMIN
    Feb 24, 2021

Sorry for the frustration, we will definitely forward your feedback and suggestion to the email team.

• Tyfunk02Tyfunk02 Posts: 1
    Feb 25, 2021

I second this suggestion. Even better would be to allow setting my email client to delete messages from the server after they've been downloaded, like every other email service in existence does. The webmail interface is so painfully slow that it's nearly useless.

This discussion has been closed.