Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

ESPN2 has error STAM-3802

froggs09froggs09 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Sometimes when I want to watch ESPN2 I get Channel Unavailable STAM-3802. Some days and nights it works and other days and nights I get the error message. It has been doing this for a year intermittently and when the service technician came out it was working fine so he checked out everything and it was fine. It still happens especially when I want to watch my favorite team play.Please help.

Best Answer

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24 Feb 24, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello,

If it is not the cable wiring to the set or the wall outlet itself, you would want the tech to look at the inside wiring, and the quality of your drop line. Bad weather, animal chews, aging lines that cororde can cause problems even on as little as one two to channels day or night, especially if the damage is small. And the problems can be very, very intermittent. Make sure that you have also removed any splitters if you have them.

If ESPN 2 keeps having problems, I would call Spectrum for a full investigation of your cable wiring and line drop. Let them know that the previous techs could not find the problem. Give them the error message STB-3802 and let them know that you do not have any pixilation problems.

Satch

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb 24, 2021

Hello,

On what devices are you seeing this happening? Cable Box? Mobile device? This link below may be the answer. Another community member got this escalated and it was determined that a new cable run. "New Wiring" had to be installed and this fixed the problem: This error is a signal or cable wiring problem You may need a brand new cable line. The link says that before the new cable line was run, previous techs were checking for pixilation. And this issue is deeper than a pixilation problem. Feel free to refer a future tech to this link:

Box swaps or reboots will not fix this!

Satch

• froggs09froggs09 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Feb 24, 2021

It's on an Arris cable box and it only happens on 1 television, the other television is fine. The box was swapped out and the problem stopped for a couple of weeks and then started again.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,579 Lead Mod
    Feb 24, 2021

Good afternoon. It may not need a new line. That would happen if we determined that were the issue.

This can be caused by a number of connectivity issues with the box. It may be a connection that is not tight enough, could be some corrosion on a splitter or even damage done to a coax or outlet.

We definitely could use some extra information. Do you have multiple boxes? Do you see any splitters connected to that boxes coaxial?

Julia_R

• froggs09froggs09 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Feb 24, 2021

We have 2 boxes in different rooms and each has their own line and I also have a dedicated line for the internet. I will check the connection to the box and the wall where it comes to my room. ESPN2 is now working at 1:16 PM, it doesn't make sense why it works sometimes and not all the time.

This discussion has been closed.