Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

How do you limit internet access by device using the SAC2V2S router?

jcojco2000jcojco2000 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 25 in Connectivity Feb 25, 2021

I've seen the instructions stating to open the app and open "services" and you should then see choose device and the connected / pause / not connected status. All I see is what's on the screenshot. No connected devices. Is this a service I need to pay for? Does the router I have (SAC2V2S) not support this feature. I'm trying / wanting to pause wifi for my daughter when its past her bed time. Please help. Thank you all.

JC

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,753 ADMIN
    edited February 25 Feb 25, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hi and welcome @jcojco2000 !

It sounds like what you are looking for is Parental Controls. To set up parental controls, you can add the MAC address of the device or devices that you want to restrict and you can limit internet access times by device. This is optimal because you customize it by day and any other devices will still have internet access. Please note that this will require logging into the web GUI and is not available through the app interface.

I included a link to Spectrum Support - manuals

which includes a link to the Spectrum Wave 2 / WiFi 6 Router User Manual

Parental controls instructions are found on page 25, here is a snapshot of the instructions:

Hope you find this helpful!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.