Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Can't change WiFi name or password for Sagemcom Router or get WiFi information on it.

SammH92SammH92 Posts: 2 ✭✭
in Home Networking Feb 25, 2021

Iv'e been having issues with my Sagemcom Router I got it setup two weeks ago and when I go onto my account on the website it says the Modem is connected but the router when I check the status I get "Connection Status Unavailable, We’re sorry, we’re unable to display your network connection status right now. If you’re having issues, please troubleshoot device." And "WiFi Network Info Unavailable:We’re unable to display your WiFi network info." When I look on the app it says, "Unknown" and "Unable to edit or display network info at this time due to connection error. Please try again later." I tried troubleshooting it several times and I keep getting the same thing. Anybody had this problem before? What do I need to do?

Tagged:

Accepted Answers

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 382 MOD
    Feb 26, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community.

With some of our routers we are replacing them with new ones. For the most part people had routers proactively sent to them. If you did not get one in the mail you can take the current router to a local office to swap it out for a new one. You can go here to find a store near you and their hours.

-Tyleen

• SammH92SammH92 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Feb 27, 2021 Accepted Answer

I went in to a Spectrum store and exchanged the router for a new one. Got it all hooked up and it no longer say "Connection Status Unavailable" now say "Connected." Turns out the old router was out of date and the modem couldn't recognize it. Now everything works!

This discussion has been closed.