Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Apple TV 32/4 generation receiver

DmreckDmreck Posts: 2 Spectator

I just purchased an Apple TV 32/4 generation receiver and installed the Spectrum tv app. Unlike the Roku box I have, I can not get it to sort the channels by numbers. Well this work on an independent receiver not supplied by Spectrum?

Replies

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 185 Moderator
    Feb 28, 2021

Hello Dmreck!

The default is to sort by channel numbers unless you change the filter options to alphabetical, favorites, etc. When you go to "Guide" in the navigation bare and then click on the filter dropdown options (three lines with and down arrow) do you see the sort option for by channel number and is that checked?

I am really glad you check in with us. Have a great day,

Randy

• DmreckDmreck Posts: 2 Spectator
    Feb 28, 2021

When I go to filters the only choices to check are the following: All Channels (at the very top of the list) then, Favorites, Locals, Movies, Sports, news, Lifestyle, Family, Premiums, Music, and Latino. (No option for Sorting). And on the left side of the guide, it shows the channel name and a heart but no channel number and it's in alphabetical order.

Unlike on my Roku, above the all channels box there are two options, Sort by Channel #, and by Channel name. That's the reason for my original question. First pic shows Apple tv app and second pic Roku app..

I purchased the Apple TV box because Roku no longer supports your app and it wasn't cheap.

Is there something I'm missing?

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,661 Contributor
    Mar 04, 2021

Hello!

I am sorry, the Apple TV is a bit different from other platforms. You are not able list by channel number. You can filter a number of ways, but not by channel number. Favorites is generally a great way to keep your list to the channels you really like to watch. Makes it so much easier to find what you want.

You can check out more here: Explore the Spectrum TV App for Apple TV

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.