Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Problem with low inconsistent volume on Cisco 9865HDC on newer television

Figureguy123Figureguy123 Posts: 19 ✭✭✭
in TV Equipment Feb 28, 2021

I am having an issue that I have had in the past with the Cisco 9865HDC brand of DVRs. At times when I had my soundbar an LG LAS551H connected via ARC I would usually set my Soundbar to 13 out of 100 and get great sound. One Samsung I had produced fine sound but the follow up one did not through the bar. I just purchased a qn5580DT and have the bar connected via ARC. I have the same box connected and the volume is now comfortable at about 25-30, sometimes higher. In the devices menu I see many various settings (wide, fixed, variable, stereo) that I have no idea what I should have them set to. Also, I have read about CEC (not sure what it entails) issues and that some have been fixed using a Lindy HDMI CEC Less Adapter, Female to Male to correct any CEC issues. Could someone please tell me what the settings should be on this television in the devices menu and see if it helps it? Would the adapter help? I would try a new DVR but I have the Enhanced one and while I know they are hard to find but I can get one my entire series manager (of which I have 32) gets erased and then I have to find each show over to set the DVR. When it is out of season for a show and you have to keep track to reset the DVR is a pain. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb 28, 2021

Hello!

Welcome to the Community! I know SOME elements of your question. I know that you are running the ODN guide software on your Cisco 9865 DVR. I have the same box, and love it very much!

I can't remember the exact wording in the devices menu. But I would set the Dynamic Range if there is such a setting to "Narrow" and the Volume level setting to "Fixed." (Not "Wide".)

I can recall issues with some some soundbars on some of the boxes. Try using those settings, and turn OFF your soundbar and see if that helps. No keep this box and guard it with your life! It is the rare 6-tuner model! You will only be able to get 2-tuner clock boxes, or the new 4-tuner World Boxes (no clock) if you swap out your DVR. Keep that Cisco 9865 for as long as you can! Make my setting recommendations above and disable the soundbar, Set your output for Stereo as well. You can try going back to the Mono output, but we want to get reasonably stable volume from channel to channel.

Note that if you use Input Select to do things like Gaming or DVD playing, your sound volume may be CONSIDERABLY LOWER and you will have to crank up the sound on your TV, using your TV remote. On my Cisco 9865, I have my volume on our 12-year old (still works great1) Samsung TV set to about 14-17 for TV volume range, But when I play a DVD using Input select, I have to go up to like 25-30 for the decibel volume range.

Yes, you will lose ALL SERIES and SETTINGS if you swap out your DVR, and you never know what kind of box you are going to get, which is another reason to keep your box for as long as you can! Your DVR will keep track of the seasons and series for you. I usually set, "Save New Episodes" only. And sometimes I will use the series Filter by Time/Channel to try to prevent duplicate recordings.

If a series does NOT get renewed for more than a year, than it is customary for the DVR to automatically erase that scheduled series. It will not (or should not) erase programs on the DVR hard drive, unless you are runnnig out of space. using the "Save Until Space is Needed," which is the default option for series. Hope this helps!

Satch

• Figureguy123Figureguy123 Posts: 19 ✭✭✭
    Feb 28, 2021

Thanks for responding. I am guarding this box for now, but when I had an issue with the previous one I was able to swap it out for the current version. At the location around me they say that it is 'grandfathered' in that if you have an enhanced DVR rather than a lesser version you can exchange it for another. I have done it twice since Spectrum took over.

What bugs me about the DVR switch out is losing the 'record series' option. I think it should either be accessible on the website so you can migrate the settings to a new box or somehow since there is a USB slot let you move it from one to another. Heck at this point we should have a cloud DVR. But every time I do hate it. You have to wait for a series to start or get close to the start point as even some that show repeats do not allow the option to record series until they actually show new episodes.

But as to the more important point, when you say shut off the soundbar you mean go straight to the internal TV speakers. I know I can get a decent volume on there but I used to have beautiful sound on my bar and the settings they were at were perfect for all sources. At most I would have to go to about 30 on the Fire TV but 13 would be good for the DVR and Switch.

Any thoughts about the CEC as I have don't really understand what it is. But I do know from research that it does seem that this Cisco and the 8642 or 8462 or something like that has had CEC issues. I'm not sure how it works but I do love my bar so I was hoping not to lose it as I don't understand why the volume lowered.

I know I can try your settings with the bar for narrow and stereo and when it is connected the fixed is greyed out on HDMI. I'll see if that makes a difference or not and go from there.

But thank you so much for your time and effort to reach out. I really do appreciate it. Have a good afternoon.

edited February 28 Feb 28, 2021

Glad to help!

Yes, you can still swap out your six tuner DVR, but the thing is that they are getting rarer and rarer in the field. Former Brighthouse Networks markets in Florida, MIGHT still have some at their Spectrum offices. But in most other markets they are impossible to get.

I am not too familiar with the CEC functions, but Google Search shows this:

CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) allows for HDMI devices to be controlled with one remote control. If you try to cast to a CEC supported TV while on a different source input (local TV channel, Cable, USB), source input will automatically switch to the HDMI port where the Chromecast is connected.

Keep us posted!

Satch

PS. Spectrum and all other CATV providers have disabled the expansion ports on all DVR's in the field to prevent unauthorized transfers of copyrighted programs to other platforms.

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 32 MOD
    Feb 28, 2021

Great conversation and don't want to interrupt the flow but we tend to stay away from sharing personal location information. To find the closest store to you, just plug your zip code in at https://www.spectrum.com/stores ... ok ... back to lurking moderator mode :). Thanks for jumping in there Satch.

Feb 28, 2021

Great conversation and don't want to interrupt the flow but we tend to stay away from sharing personal location information. To find the closest store to you, just plug your zip code in at https://www.spectrum.com/stores ... ok ... back to lurking moderator mode :). Thanks for jumping in there Satch.

Hi @Randy_T,

Good advice! I have removed the location inquiry from my post.

Satch

Feb 28, 2021

Thanks Satch. I set the settings to what you had said with the bar on but no change. The internal TV speakers work ok but I do like the bar. I might take a chance on that Lindy adapter. It is $20 on Amazon, would be here Tues. and is returnable. The bar is from 2015 and there were never any firmware updates but like you said with your TV the age doesn't matter. Let me know if you have any other thoughts otherwise I might see what I can do with the Lindy. With free returns always worth a shot.

Mar 01, 2021

Cool,

You can always disable the Sound Bar. About once to twice a year, Spectrum will do very steathly, silent updates to the boxes concerning new features or bug fixes. Most likely, one of those updates may have changed the quality of the soundbar.

You can always try the new adaptor or a different sound bar. Just get a four to five star item if you want optional technoloy, don't get the cheapest things, they can be more trouble than the discount deal you get, and don't buy something online with only one or two five star reviews, as this could be a spam reviewer. Sounds like you know what you are doing, so good luck!

Satch

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 32 MOD
    Mar 01, 2021

Thank you very much for doing that @Satch … Sidenote/ have to say as a newbie to moderating the community here (not to Spectrum) I really appreciate you jumping in like you do. We really want this to be a peer to peer type of resource and your efforts are appreciated. /Sidenote

Mar 01, 2021

Thanks Satch. I ordered the adapter and some newer certified HDMI cables off Amazon. They will all be here tomorrow so I will try all and every combination possible. Feels like a PC now, where a software or driver update can cause issues with other software or hardware. Those are good points about the updates especially as that could mean no matter what I do I might not get the sound back. Since I just bought the TV a new bar is not in the cards now so otherwise if I have to I just crank it up all I need to. I will let you know once I get a chance to try things out tomorrow to see if anything makes a difference.

Mar 01, 2021

@Figureguy123,

Is your sound good from your exisitng soundbar when you crank up the volume? Keep us posted when you set up the new equipment!

Satch

Mar 01, 2021

Remember that these CATV boxes and guides now function like computers. You make a great point above @Figureguy123. We will see more and more Spectrum equipment integrating with each other. CATV Boxes, Rented Modems/Routers from Spectrum, Voiceline Phone, and Mobile Technology. This is why sometimes. third-party technologies, may, or may not work, or their behaviors may change when updates occur. Such as your Soundbar example.

Satch

Mar 03, 2021

Well I got 2 Zeskit 48gbps Ultra certified cables and the adapter today. Mind you I have about 7 cables but I know some of them are older so to go with new, official cables since I never knew about certified ones might not be a bad idea. Sound bar cable changed but no difference. I went to use that adapter and the pin that was supposed to be missing to change the CEC was actually still there. I knew it would be a crapshoot from the reviews as there were ones missing the pin mixed in with a batch that did have it still. They were never recalled and there are multiple sellers with the item fulfilled by Amazon so you are taking a chance. They refunded me asap after I dropped it at the UPS store as always but I can order another. It's a chance but from people that actually got the right one it seemed to help. Either way before I do anything I replaced the cord from the DVR to the TV but no difference.

As far as is the sound good if I crank it, mostly but the higher you go you do get distortion. Normally it would be fine about 13 but now closed to 25 is where I am now.

I did think about the optical cable option. Any thoughts on that vs. HDMI? I tried that when I first got the bar and really didn't notice much difference from the HDMI but with the newer TV I wasn't sure but I always read if you have the choice HDMI is the way to go.

Thanks again and have a good evening.

Mar 04, 2021

I changed both cables on the bar to tv and DVR to TV with the newer ones. No luck. I tried using the optical input with the soundbar to see if the new HDMI on the DVR had any affect. Nope. I suppose logically I am looking at 3 options:

1. Order another adapter from Amazon and hope the right one shows up
    2. Try a newer soundbar
    3. Try a new DVR

Well, technically, there is option 4. Suck it up and live with it. With the new HDMI cables and optical combinations I tried all different settings on the TV and DVR since there isn't much to change with the bar but no change. Sigh. Very confusing to me.

One more thing but I'm not sure how relevant it is. I used to watch TV about setting 13 and when I play my Nintendo Switch it hasn't lowered the sound. Also, I use a treadmill and watch something on my Fire TV while I work out. I had it set at 30 which I could hear comfortably over the sound of the treadmill and that still seems fine. The volume cut out is only with the DVR.

Mar 04, 2021

Hello,

If you turn off the soundbar and the sound is fine through the regular TV speakers, and with the DVR sound, it could be an issue with the soundbar. Are there settings on the soundbar itself that you can configure? How old is the soundbar and what is the brandname of the soundbar?

I have had Samsung TV's for years and love them. In fact, I will be getting a new Samsung 50" Smart TV within the month. I typed in at Amazon, "Best Sound Bar" and this came through:

I still don't recommend a DVR swap. You don't the type and quality that you are going to get. As long as you are able to return a new soundbar from Amazon. I would try it. See if on your additional options settings for your Cisco 9865 if "Wide" makes a difference for your dynamic range? (With the sound bar connected)

Question, if you are just watching a live show with the soundbar connected, do you get low volume? Or is this only when you play back a show on the DVR?

If worst comes to worst, and nothing else helps, do a box swap. But with the rareness of the six-tuner boxes, and the fact that you said you once had a Cisco DVR that produced no sound through the bar, this is a crap-shoot. You might get a World Box (no clock) with the new Spectrum Guide, but those things have their own little quirks. Although they are getting much better.

You have the option of a truck roll. But the Spectrum techs are going to have limited knowledge over any technology hardware that is not theirs.

It's also possible that something changed with the software of the boxes or at your headend. To be honest, if the sound quality with the bar is OK at 25-30 decibels instead of the old 13-15 if it was me. I would live with it. I have to put my TV volume up to 45 to 50 to play a DVD. Your going to be going too much on a wild goose chase, if you swap out hardware and something happens. I don't think that it is that big of a deal to just crank up the volume past 30-50. You start swapping things, your probably going to get more frustrated than finding a "fix."

Satch

Mar 06, 2021

Well, here is the latest update on the situation. The adapter that I read so many good things about Amazon sent me a second one and that too was not missing the critical pin. I refuse to play that game anymore.

I got 2 of the newer ultra certified cables (which I intended to do anyway with the new TV and the age of the cables) and the Nintendo Switch and Fire TV both are perfect around 13. The DVR is okay around 20 but some channels are quieter than others and require a bump in volume. I was watching a couple of DVR shows and one from one channel sounded fine at 25 but the other one from another channel had to go to 45 out of 100. I was watching Flash from CW and had to crank it but Snowpiercer on TNT was coming in okay.

I don't want to give up the box so I might try a truck roll. If I can show that the other equipment besides the DVR are working fine for audio maybe they can do something. If not then if I don't want to shell out for a sound bar I'll live with it.

The only thing with a truck roll is everybody works different. I had one tech say I had too high of a signal coming in and he made adjustments. Then when I still had problems the next guy said I had way too low of a signal. When that didn't work I had swapped boxes and that didn't work. Finally someone came who figured it out. This was a little while ago, btw.

I had spoken with a technical supervisor because of all the appointments (I guess there might have been another one because after so many repeat ones they are required to reach out to you, at least that was the case at the time). I mentioned the signal high, low, etc. and he straight out said each tech had their own way to address problems. Without a universal repair system it is inevitable conflicts will happen.

Who knows at this point? I know in my area they have more 6 tuner boxes but again if I were to switch it there is no guarantee it would fix it and I would have to try and find all my shows again for series manager. Not a fan.

Thank you for all your help and we'll see what happens.

Mar 06, 2021

Thanks for the updates,

Everyone remember that box swaps will never, never, ever, solve bad signal levels. If you do a truck roll, I would make a list of your lowest volume channels, firstly without the soundbar connected.. You will definitely want your CW station to be checked. Give them your lowest volume decibel channels. Make a list and save it to your computer, mobile device and secure storage for reference. Than, when the tech comes, have him do a signal reading on each low volume channel, Can you post for us a list of your lowest volume channels?

You SHOULD expect a decibel range of +/-5 moving from station to station on the box. But if you have to go up approximately 20+ decibels or more, I would look at your signal levels, I believe that most techs are really good and cool guys. But, you are right on the money with some techs here in the field from any company by stating:

The only thing with a truck roll is everybody works different. I had one tech say I had too high of a signal coming in and he made adjustments. Then when I still had problems the next guy said I had way too low of a signal. When that didn't work I had swapped boxes and that didn't work. Finally someone came who figured it out. This was a little while ago, btw.

Why these guys can't be on the same platform for troubleshooting diagnostics is frustrating and time consuming for the customer? Many TV vendor providers close tickets after the tech leaves if they don't specifically find a problem, and choose to give up on an issue rather than escalate. At least, you got escalated to supervisor level, but your issue still persists. Would it be possible to not use your CEC adapter and just run everything connected through your HDMI cable? If that configuration is possible, does that improve your sound level experience?

Satch

Mar 07, 2021

Satch,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean about not using the CEC. Do you mean the adapter I purchased online? The adapter didn't work and right now I have 4 HDMI inputs on the TV each with one input. DVR on 1, Fire TV on 2, Soundbar on 3 via ARC and Switch on 4. When you say run everything through HDMI do you mean that?

Mar 07, 2021

Hi @Figureguy123,

Yes, each piece of hardware ported to and from your HDMI cable.s What do you mean by "Switch on 4?" Like an A/B bypass?

Did you say that when you disconnect your Soundbar that everything is OK? And it is only when you have the Soundbar connected that you are getting the need to pump up the volume?

The big mystery is why you would have multiple 6-tuner DVR's with such a difference in volume performance with the soundbar connected? Were the DVR's with six tuners that you had in the past all Cisco 9865's? Arris has (had) a six-tuner DVR. the DCX-3600. So does Samsung, but I can't remember the model number for their six-tuner box.

I recall issues with soundbars connected causing volume problems on some of the boxes. If you were to completely disconnect and eliminate your soundbar from your set up and that solved the low volume issue, would you be satisfied with that? What else would you be losing by disconnecting the soundbar? Just to be clear, you have had the same soundbar through multiple DVR's? When you said:

"One Samsung I had produced fine sound but the follow up one did not through the bar."

Do you mean a Samsung cable box or a Samsung sound bar?

As I see it, you have five options:

1.) Disconnect the soundbar and just use your Spectrum CATV service through your TV's speakers.

2.) Purchase a new soundbar- (But this is a crapshoot.)

3.) A truck-roll, (But as you said each tech approaches these problems differently.) to check signal levels on low volume channels through the soundbar.. (Another crapshoot.)

4.) Swapping the DVR for a different model box (Another crapshoot.)

5.) Live with low TV volume on some channels if you keep the sound bar connected

But this goes back to Spectrum only being able to diagnose issues and be responsible for issues on their rented equipment. And #2 through #4 who knows if that is going to solve anything?

Question, when you had all those other DVR's did they play and record fine through the TV speakers only? Did you only exchange them to try to solve your Soundbar volume issues? Or did they die off due to DVR hardware/hard drive failure.?

I think #1 is going to be your solution, even though I can understand with you not being happy about that solution. And we both know that this is not what you want.

Sorry that I can't come up with better options for this case!

Satch

Mar 07, 2021

Sorry, when I said Switch I meant my Nintendo Switch game system.

Well for what I have tried the volume seems fine on the TV vs. the bar. The only thing is I always knew about 13 was a normal level for the bar to help me judge but I'm not sure exactly what 'normal' sound is through the internal speakers. I guess I will just have to try until I find a comfortable number to see.

I never had the Samsung but I had the Arris before. I honestly can't remember if I had an issue with that one or not. I have had multiples of the Arris and Cisco before. In fact since I always just was told to bring in the DVR to exchange I never brought the power supply. I have a total of 4 now so that is at least how many 6-tuners I have gone through and was always told the power supplies were usable on either.

When I said one Samsung produced good sound but the follow up did not I meant Samsung TVs. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

I just personally prefer the sound coming from the bar. I always felt that with the speakers behind the tv and internals only having so many watts you miss out. When I have the woofer and bar at the best settings and the bigger wattage and the bass, treble, subwoofer and setting (ie. cinema, sports, etc.) I enjoy the sound more.

But this goes back to Spectrum only being able to diagnose issues and be responsible for issues on their rented equipment. And #2 through #4 who knows if that is going to solve anything?

As to this statement, since when I go exchange a 6-tuner they will give me a 6 tuner that they recondition is that not their equipment? Or is it considered inherited from TWC?

As to your choices.

1. Prefer not to but might be the only option (I wish I could set the system to somehow default to the TV speakers when using the DVR but ARC when something else is connected)
    2. If I tried a new bar I would purchase from Amazon with free returns on the unit. It would be a crapshoot but if it didn't work it would be a simple return to the UPS store.
    3. A truck roll is worth a shot but I just won't let them change the box out
    4. DVR swap is such a pain and I hate the fact you can't exchange it back for the one you just turned in
    5. Not much different than 1

It was so long ago, I think I might have exchanged a couple for sound problems but I know a couple showed error codes and one would no longer connect correctly.

But I want you to know how much I appreciate your time and effort to help out. I think my plan is going to be to start with a truck roll and maybe a new bar. If not after the roll just live with it and jack it up. I know one time I had issues for the cable they found a squirrel had chewed into my cable so who knows. Maybe I'd get lucky but if you could just transfer your series manager over I'd try a new box in a heartbeat.

Three box horror stories that keep me from that choice:

1. Had a box issue and the driver went out to the truck to get a box. First one would not connect the signal, no matter what he tried. Second one he grabbed the HDMI port didn't work. The third one was fine but so much for reconditioning.
    2. I had a very nice tech who had come over previously waiting for something to come through so we had a few minutes to chat. Good guy but when I mentioned my ongoing problems he said he probably shouldn't tell me this but for a while he had been on disability and returned on light duty. They put him working on reconditioning the boxes. When he started he said his supervisor wanted the boxes turned over as quickly as possible so to hook them up, make sure you had sound and picture and if so good to go. Don't try and troubleshoot or go into settings just get a picture with sound. He said he was not comfortable but had no choice as the entire department was following that order.
    3. One time I got a new box and the DVR was full of the previous user's recordings

Reliable to a fault, huh?

edited March 8 Mar 08, 2021

Good information,

Yes if your Spectrum area either on a tech's truck still as a six-tuner DVR, or one at your Spectrum Store, you can still get one. Good luck!

Satch

Mar 09, 2021

Well I had the truck roll come through. The tech said my levels were too high, 15 at the box and 20 at the basement junction. He said it should be closer to 10 so he put a coupler on it to lower the levels and said everything looked good. I will be home more tonight to try and see how it works.

Question for you, if you use the channel up button, how long does it take to go from black screen to picture? I swear it was almost instantaneous but now it seems a couple of seconds more. It might not be a big deal but noticeable if I am just scrolling through. It would help to know how other people's DVRs respond.

If not I will try a box change. He recommended an Arris BUT said do NOT get a wrapped one with a piece of cardboard under the unit. Those have the spectrum guide and he says if they do try to give that one ask for another. We should be caught up by the weekend so I might try that.

Who knows? I eliminated one option so let's see where I go next. Have a good day, Satch, thanks again.

Mar 09, 2021

Hey!

Glad that you are closer to a resolution! To work on reducing that block screen size, go under Settings, and in either the Display or Output Resolution. I think it is output resolution., you will want to put a dot only by the highest resolution that your TV supports, which typically is 1080i Unselect those other dots and also unselect the Auto feature. This should reduce the blank screen time as the box no longer has to hunt for the resolution.

Interesting about the new Spectrum Guide! They are converting the Arris boxes in the field in some markets to Spectrum Guide.

Satch

Mar 09, 2021

I am already set for 1080i as the only resolution selected. Everything else, including auto is unchecked. The tech said it is normal but on some channels I can count to 2 or 3 before a picture shows up. I could swear it was almost instantaneous before the issues started. I wonder if it is the box or not.

Sounds stupid but would you mind using your channel up button and after you push it count how long you get a blank screen? Try it on a couple of channels? If the resolution is set correct and the signal is perfect that would be another definite way to indicate the box is the issue.

Thanks.

Mar 09, 2021

I can try tonight and see! We both have the same Cisco 9865 box.

Glad to help! I will join you in "Super Geek Status." Counting the number of seconds before the picture comes in! Hahaha! Oh, I don't know if I would do a box swap for that, Let's see how your Soundbar acts after the tech made his signal adjustments.

When the tech was there, did you have your soundbar connected? If all goes right, I am going to be getting my first Samsung Smart TV very soon!

Satch

Mar 10, 2021

I did have the sound bar connected and it does seem a little more consistent since he lowered the signal. Still a little different on some channels but does seem a little better. However haven't watched much TV since then. But the channel gap does bother me and makes me think long term. If there is even a small hardware or software problem would it be better to make the change now than later? Tough call.

Not an expert by any means but when I went with my third Samsung (or most electronics) I research the ever loving heck out of them. If you have any questions I would be glad to help. I'm not sure of your knowledge so I don't want to step on toes but I can tell you the best model for what you want to spend and for features and where to get the best service if a certain store is in your area.

I'll wait for the countdown to get your results.

Mar 10, 2021

Good news @Figureguy123!

I just checked the channe1 up/down functions on my box (Cisco 9865) for several stations and there is the exact same approxinmatly three second channel delay of black screen. This seems to be by design. I recall all boxes that I have ever had since having cable going back to 1985 having this blank screen when channel jumping. So this is normal. I had an Arris box that had the same time delay. So this is not a problem. I have the Channel Banner in ODN settings, set to "Medium."

Thanks for the Samsung info as well. You should probably DM me if we want to talk about Samsung TV's so that this thread does not go off topic.

Satch

Mar 11, 2021

Well, here is the story for the day. Went to Spectrum location one in town, only had the Technicolor with the cardboard so new guide. I absolutely HATED it after being so used to the one I had for years. Left home and headed to Spectrum store 2. Same thing, DVRs with the cardboard indicating a new guide. I asked the associate if he would call the other local store to see if they had any and he said they could not. They had no direct numbers to call other local stores. I asked for the manager and he had to Skype the other stores to check for me. So, let me see, no direct phone contact between stores and Skype is the only option. Plus he had to Skype 3 people at Location 3 just to get a response.

WHAT IF THE INTERNET GOES DOWN?

Location 3 has one but I am doubtful. Show up and they have an Arris with the old guide, no cardboard. Come home, hook it up, won't connect. Call Spectrum, try EVERYTHING but no signal and the clock is off by two hours so no updating happening. They schedule a call for tomorrow but can't guarantee it is not the box so if it is back to location 3 on the far side of town.

About 10 minutes of fuming later walk into the living room, look at the DVR and the L levels are going down. Haven't touched the DVR in over half an hour. Gets to the clock with accurate time. Turn on and the sound is better. Changing channels still has that 2-3 second window but better. How this happened I have NO idea but we are working fine. Going to give it the night and then cancel the appt. if it holds.

What the &*&(*&&#&(*&#&??? The worst part is the stores can't call each other. Who thought that up?

But we seem in a better place and it only took all day and some serious miles to get what I wanted. The devices menu is different but I can deal. The worst part is having to DVR shows. We have about 33 throughout the year and I had about 29 set up. Now with shows being out of season of just not yet showing record series options I got about 19 set. Just have to hope I don't miss them.

That is the story of the day. I will DM you, btw, about the TV. Otherwise maybe we are good now. Fingers, toes, eyes, arms, legs, crossed.

Thanks again for all your help.

Mar 11, 2021

P.S. Satch, cannot figure out how to DM here. Clicked on your pic but do not see the option. Hit me up first and we can go from there.

This discussion has been closed.