Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Is Spectrum gig self-install or not?

BLiteBLite Posts: 1
in Connectivity Feb 28, 2021

Multiple CS reps have told me multiple different stories - yes, it’s self-install, but you’ll need to call to order it. No, it’s not, they have to run fiber (but the modems are coax)...

What is the truth ?

Best Answer

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 32 MOD
    Mar 01, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hi @BLite! Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. It is self-install but if the system shows someone needs to come out to bolster the lines to carry that bandwidth they will (outside work). Also, we do accommodate in home installs if needed and if so, we follow all CDC and local guidelines/statutes. Also, the gig service we have now is over coax cable (940 Mbps down and 35 Mbps up). I am not sure why someone would say that they needed to run fiber unless they were confused and you aren't in our serviceability area. If you aren't or don't know for sure, I can private message you to get that information and check (don't post it here because this is public.)

Short answer: Yes, you do have to call in to order. Our gig service is over coax. And yes, at this time, it is self-install but sending a tech out is possible if needed/requested/have problems with the install. If you want to order just call us and speak with a Sales Agent at 1-855-707-7328.

Replies

• misterjmisterj Posts: 194 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb 28, 2021

BLite, Spectrum will have to answer your question, but in my opinion, it sure should be. I would assume you will need to have a DCOCSIS 3.1 Modem. Enjoy, John.

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭
    Mar 01, 2021

Spectrum provides the modem as part of their monthly charge for Gig service. If you plan to use your own router/WiFi, be sure it is has Gigabit ethernet ports.

This discussion has been closed.