Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Where to install a firewall appliance

Parish_AdminParish_Admin Posts: 15 ✭✭✭
in Connectivity Mar 02, 2021

Here's a pic of our office network kit. The Arris & Ruckus devices are from Spectrum. We've been advised, or told if you prefer, we need to install a network firewall. We have a Meraki MX64 firewall appliance ready to go. But to where does it do? After the Cable modem but before the other two devices? After all three devices? Thank you.

Best Answer

• JTSECJTSEC Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Mar 04, 2021 Accepted Answer

I LIED! I didn't notice you said office. Your 1602 is going to be for your phone lines only!

So it really should be

World>TG1672(in bridge mode)> Meraki> Ruckus

Replies

• JTSECJTSEC Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Mar 04, 2021

World>Arris TM1602>Meraki>Ruckus

You don't need the TG1672. The Meraki is a router too. (Unless you need it for a biz/static account.)

• Parish_AdminParish_Admin Posts: 15 ✭✭✭
    Mar 04, 2021

"I LIED! I didn't notice you said office. Your 1602 is going to be for your phone lines only!

So it really should be

World>TG1672(in bridge mode)> Meraki> Ruckus"

@JTSEC As Lou Costello might have said, "You're a baaad boy."

Thank you.

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭
    Mar 06, 2021

Should note that the forums are normally for residential services only. Business internet and TV accounts have a differrent support organization within Spectrum.

This discussion has been closed.