Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Is anyone else having issues with Navigator cable TV's searches?

AntDudeAntDude Posts: 93 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 20 in Channels & Programming Mar 20, 2021

Like TBS, TNT, USC, etc. Examples: https://imgur.com/a/NERWcOm

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭
    Mar 20, 2021

Same here Ant,

There is a TON of stuff missing. on ODN B-button search listings (Brookfield Wisconsin, 53045) We had this a couple years ago. We made a contact at Spectrum who said on the search, they had some filter activated at the head-end, and they pushed out an update that turned off this search filter and that resolved the issues. It seems that ODN cloud based search gets these issues once a year or approximately. And as you and I know from past experience it is a software issue that effects all the ODN Advanced Digital System Gateway Boxes.

For instance, ME TV is missing B-button search data listings. Hallmark Drama Channel still has no cover art in it's B-button search listings. Any PPV Boxing Events that are supposed to show in the database under Boxing-Event listings do not show at all. Ant, check for COZI TV B-button search, I think that those listings are gone from B-button search as well. Box is the Cisco 9865 and you still have an Arris box, right? Your in California, and I am in Wisconsin, and we have the same issues based on past communications with each other about the search.

Mods have requested that we don't give out specific locations, but I mentioned us, because you and I have communicated about this in the past, and to show the community that we have had this same issue with B-button search off and on, despite owning different boxes and being in different parts of the country.

I reached out to Gracenote about a week ago, [email protected] So far, no database changes.

Satch

• AntDudeAntDude Posts: 93 ✭✭✭✭
    Mar 20, 2021

It looks like they will never fix this. I thought they fixed it. :(

edited March 21 Mar 21, 2021

@AntDude,

They fix it eventually, but it doesn't STAY fixed. It can actually be fixed for quite a while as well, but it doesn't hold forever,

The older ODN search on the legacy SA boxes, some say it was too dated, and it was. That keyboard was title based only, but I don't think it ever had issues with searches going missing.

I would say approximately 60% of shows in the system on channels are gone in B-button search (On ODN.) The strange part is why only 60%?. A search system database should be either up and running with everything in the Time Grid searchable, or down completely, with nothing searchable.

This 60% b-button search content gone on ODN issue has been like this for approximately two week.s. However, Cover Art and program search listings for Hallmark Drama Channel have been missing since the channel was added.

I have often wondered if new Spectrum Guide search has this same issue that ODN has? I am going to research and find out!

Satch

Mar 23, 2021

@AntDude,

ODN keyboard search is back for all channels in my area. Gracenote responded to my email that they can only correct listing errors. But other elements of the searches need to be referred to the content provider, ie, Spectrum.

Still two noted errors:

1.) Hallmark Drama Channel has no cover art or program information on ODN ADSG boxes. This would be all Samsung's, Cisco's ana Arris bixes

2.) Pay Per View Boxing matches when they are scheduled are supposed to show the Cover Art, PPV purchasing information, and avalibility to record on DVR boxes when Searching for Boxing, and Selecting the Boxing-Event Catagory in the ODN search list. In Searches, nothing comes up when you search using the above method for ODN Keyboard Search. If you type in the name of the boxing event, all you get is a blank screen with no cover art or program information. It looks like this:

No PPV boxing is forthcoming to test this. But when it does, the only way to order PPV boxing is through the ODN Time Grid Cells and selecting the event that way.

Satch

• AntDudeAntDude Posts: 93 ✭✭✭✭
    Mar 24, 2021

Yay! It works again for me: http://imgur.com/a/JpoNE36

This discussion has been closed.