Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Cant send email from other than home computer, others will receive but not send

BeachieBeachie Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 5 in Internet 2021 Archive Mar 20, 2021

I can send and receive email via outlook or thunderbird on my home machine, but cannot sent my charter.net emails from laptop, office computer ( 125 miles from home) or android phone. Have reset the emaill settings several times and followed instructions from microsoft to not avail. I get a message that there is an Error AUP#OUT-1130 every time I try to send. Able to use gmail anywhere. Any advice would be most gratefully received

Replies

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 124 MOD
    Mar 22, 2021

Good morning, Beachie! Thanks for reaching out. What server settings are you using on the devices outside the home.

• BeachieBeachie Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Mar 22, 2021

same as at the home machine, that is,

IMAP/SMTP

Is that what you need?

• Anthony_VAnthony_V Posts: 48 MOD
    Mar 23, 2021

Can you ensure that the email settings on those devices are setup using the information here https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/spectrum-email-server-settings/ based on your email address?

Are you getting these error messages when sending emails on the Laptop or Android phone on both your Home Network and Work Network if you have attempted both or through cell services with the Phone?

• BeachieBeachie Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Mar 23, 2021

The settings are correct as described in the message above. My big problem is sending from a couple of locations served by comcast; none of the computers will send but all will receive my charter email. Everything worked fine ( I could send AND receive) until about two weeks ago. Phone can send and receive but only via ATT, not via wifi (Android). Failure to send only occurs when NOT in home network.

As I mentioned, gmail works fine at any location.

• Anthony_VAnthony_V Posts: 48 MOD
    Mar 24, 2021

I understand the error code provided and that you can send email on cell service but not using the connection at your work may indicate the problem. The information on the error code is posted below, on your work connection are you able to visit the webmail site and send email using that instead of a third-party mail program?

Error AUP#OUT-1130 -

"The IP address you’re trying to connect from has an issue with the Domain Name System. Spectrum requires a full circle DNS for emails to be allowed through. Verify the IP you’re connecting from, and check the IP address to ensure a reverse DNS entry exists for the IP. "

This discussion has been closed.