Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

New rejection of Android e-mail apps by mail.twc.com

Steven_BlackwelderSteven_Blackwelder Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited August 5 in Internet 2021 Archive Mar 23, 2021

The Spectrum tech support agent I spoke with by phone just now said he has heard of this issue's coming up in several tech-support phone calls this past week. My problem: I have tried several Android e-mail apps, including the "default installed" e-mail app from the manufacturer of my phone, LG (model Aristo 2+, currently running the most recent release of Android 8), and none can reach my Spectrum e-mail ("Roadrunner;" I was formerly with TWC) when set for IMAP4, incoming server mail.twc.com, incoming port 993, incoming security by SSL, outgoing server mail.twc.com, outgoing port 587, outgoing security by SSL. Has Spectrum acknowledged this problem, and is Spectrum working on a fix for this?

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,019 ADMIN
    edited March 26 Mar 26, 2021 Accepted Answer

Spectrum webmail currently does not have a dedicated app, you would need to use a third party app on your mobile device. Which email client are you trying to use? Have you tried a different email client such as Outlook or Gmail? I've included a link to our support page, which may be helpful.

Adding Spectrum Email to the Email App on Your Android Phone

Replies

Mar 24, 2021

Sorry for any issues. Are you able to send and receive from Spectrum Webmail?

• Steven_BlackwelderSteven_Blackwelder Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Mar 25, 2021

Yes, I have successfully sent and received e-mail at my Roadrunner address through a Web browser and Spectrum Webmail. I just now tried once again to set up my e-mail on my phone's manufacturer-installed e-mail app, and once again (giving the full e-mail address as both the mail address and the login username) I could not get my e-mail that way. The error message was, "The security certificate for this server is not trusted. To continue the server settings, the security type will be changed," and the choices are, "cancel," and, "change." When I tap "change," the same error message comes up, so the only real choice becomes "cancel."

Mar 25, 2021

Does Spectrum Webmail have a "mobile" interface for Web browsers on mobile-phone-sized screens?

Mar 27, 2021

Thanks for the link to the support page. I have followed those instructions, unsuccessfully. I refuse to use an e-mail client app that belongs to Yahoo or Google (Gmail) for e-mail service that does not belong to either of those companies. I have been trying to use the e-mail client app that came with my LG mobile handset, advertised model name Aristo 2+, model number LM-X212TA, running Android 8.1.0, e-mail app version 6.87.17, unsuccessfully. I have also tried Blue Mail, FairEmail, and another one ("K9"?) on this device, all unsuccessfully as well. It is far from prudent in my current circumstances buy a newer mobile phone. Has my combination of residing at a physical address that connects to Spectrum through TWC legacy equipment, with my handset's status as a now-"old" Android device, been deprecated?

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 394 MOD
    Mar 27, 2021

I do not believe it should be deprecated at all. As long as the settings are entered correctly, the email should come through without a problem. Do you receive any sort of error message when you try to download the mail?

Mar 30, 2021

As I said on March 25, " The error message was, "The security certificate for this server is not trusted. To continue the server settings, the security type will be changed," and the choices are, "cancel," and, "change." When I tap "change," the same error message comes up, so the only real choice becomes "cancel."" What is the way out of this conundrum?

Mar 30, 2021

Sorry for any frustration. Since you are able to access email through webmail, we can confirm that the email itself is functioning. We can leave this post open for other users to comment, however my suggestion would be to contact either LG or your mobile provider for assistance with setting up email on your device. It sounds like there may be a setting on the device that is blocking successful email syncing.

This discussion has been closed.