Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Why can't I log into spectrum.net on my PC ?

johnnylimjohnnylim Posts: 6 ✭✭✭
edited April 14 in Managing & Using your Spectrum Account Mar 27, 2021

I have always logged into spectrum.net to pay my monthly bill using my PC and the FireFox browser. But today when I tried to login to pay April's bill, I get an error message (IDID-1060) then I get sent back to the sign in page to try again. This is the very first time this has happened.

Has this happened to anybody else on this forum? I did call support but they say clear your cache which didn't work. Is this a problem with FireFox? I did manage to login with my tablet but I still want to use my PC to login. It connects to my router via ethernet so it's more secure.

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

Replies

• Greyeyes01Greyeyes01 Posts: 1
    Mar 28, 2021

Yes it happened to me also. The answer was to go to help in Firefox, select refresh Firefox, when it brings up the option window select clear STARTUP cache. That fixed the problem.

• johnnylimjohnnylim Posts: 6 ✭✭✭
    Mar 28, 2021

Which Firefox are you using? I don't see the menu options. I'm running Version 87.0. Maybe this version in incompatible with spectrum.net.

• DiggerDaveDiggerDave Posts: 1
    Mar 31, 2021

This appears to be a back end service issue, not browser related. I was able to login 20 minutes later with same accounts that were failing, without modifying any browser settings or clearing cache. This also happened to me about a year ago, and waiting resolved the issue then as well.

When logging in today I received the error: "We're sorry, something didn't work quite right. Please try again. IDID-1060", and was returned to the login screen. I received the message with multiple accounts.

Mar 31, 2021

Found Clear Startup Cache under help>troubleshooting information. Haven't chose it yet, just want to be sure I don't mess up my computer.

edited March 31 Mar 31, 2021

DiggerDave, your error message is just like mine. I'm still waiting. However I was wondering, how come I can login into community.spectrum with the same name and password but can't login into spectrum.net. What a puzzle. I'll wait until my next bill to see if I can login, if not it's time to clear the startup cache.

Mar 31, 2021

DiggerDave, you're right. Waiting works, even though it took a week. Now able to login into Spectrum.net. Good thing I didn't clear the Startup cache. Thanks for posting what you experienced.

• LeslieJLeslieJ Posts: 2
    Apr 10, 2021

I get the same thing and I'm being told the same as everyone else. Did anyone else notice this only started happening when Spectrum added a new home page. WHY add a NEW home page? Never had issues with signing in til changes were made in March. I use Firefox for all internet as I've had issues with Edge and Chrome and found Firefox didn't cause issues. WHY is the issue only with Spectrum and not other sites? Get rid of that new home page and see if the issue corrects itself. WHY have a page (new home page) that says sign in only to go to another page to sign in? Before you had sign in/create it was the same page.

• LeslieJLeslieJ Posts: 2
    Apr 10, 2021

johnnylim that's my point I've been trying to make to people at Spectrum. WHY?

• dr_grinbergdr_grinberg Posts: 1
    Apr 11, 2021

I had exactly the same issue today, for the very first time. I used a private page and worked. Thank you all!

• BecohBecoh Posts: 1
    Apr 14, 2021

Same problem trying to log into Spectrum account via Firefox and received error IDID 1060. I tried several of the suggestions going to Firefox Help. Refreshing Firefox worked once. Then when I tried to log in again I received the same rejection. I have had a Spectrum account(s) for many, many years and have always found numerous problems with this provider. My alternative is ATT but not sure I want to go that route yet. Spectrum always blame Apple, or Firefox or other systems except themselves when there is a problem. Often time resolves most of the problems but they also eat up a lot of everyone's personal time trying to fix things. I'm trying to use polite language to say how I feel about Spectrum but you all may guess what I'm thinking. I can log in using Google Chrome.

Apr 14, 2021

The suggestion by 55_and_Co to open a Firefox Private Window to log into Spectrum still works. As I mentioned, log in using a tablet running Chrome also works.