Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

DVS-1001 Channel Unavailable code after updating to the latest Spectrum TV app version

njcausnjcaus Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited April 2 in Spectrum TV App Feedback - Android Mar 30, 2021

I have an old Asus Nexus 7 Android Tablet which has been running the Spectrum TV app successfully for quite awhile. After the latest update (8.20.2) I am now getting the DVS-1001 channel unavailable code on all channels I try to watch. The Android version on the tablet is 6.0.1.

I have several other Android devices that have the latest TV app update that are working okay. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Spectrum TV app and have restarted the device and am still getting the error code. The only thing I can think of is that the latest TV app build is incompatible with the Android version on my Asus tablet.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,753 ADMIN
    Mar 30, 2021

Hi @njcaus and welcome!

Thanks for starting a new post. Since the reinstall of the app did not help, can you also try restarting the modem on the account and then test the app on the Nexus tablet again?

• njcausnjcaus Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Mar 30, 2021

@James_M . I restarted the modem. Did not resolve the issue.

Mar 30, 2021

Thanks. Do you have both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks available? If so, can you try connecting the device to a different GHz? If it is on 2.4, try 5.

Mar 30, 2021

@James_M Did not work on 5GHz.

Mar 30, 2021

Just to confirm, are you trying to launch a live tv stream versus on demand content?

Mar 30, 2021

@James_M Yes, trying to launch live tv stream.

Mar 30, 2021

Thanks. Last question, is it just a particular channel or does the issue happen when you try to launch different channels?

Mar 30, 2021

@James_M I have tried dozens of different channels and have the same issue.

Mar 31, 2021

@njcaus,

Sorry for the delay. I would like to escalate this issue for further investigation. I have sent you a private message to gather some additional information.

James