Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Audio issues via surround sound and TV

cb_2367cb_2367 Posts: 83 ✭✭✭✭
in TV Equipment Mar 31, 2021

I thought I had posted this recently, but am unable to find the post in my discussion history.

Over the past year, I've had multiple tech visits trying to resolve ongoing issues with audio cutting in and out. At this point, everything from the outside and inside including the box has been replaced. The audio cuts in and out when the box is connected to my surround receiver and it does the same when connected to the TV.

It seems to be a miracle of sorts that everything is perfect when connected to the spectrum test equipment.

The last tech suggested incompatibility issues with the TV and surround receiver, but that doesn't seem to make any sense. I don't have spectrum internet so I can't test out the streaming app.

Is it time to give up on spectrum and go to hulu?

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭✭
    Mar 31, 2021

I vaguely remember your case @cb_2367

I can't recall, did you try disconnecting the surround receiver and simply going with box to TV? What happens when you do that? I would start by removing any extras and just going with the HDMI cable port to the TV/cable box.

Satch

• cb_2367cb_2367 Posts: 83 ✭✭✭✭
    Apr 04, 2021

The issue is the same regardless of whether audio is run directly to the TV or through the receiver. The only time it's perfect is when the spectrum test equipment was connected.

The "incompatibility" just doesn't make any sense. Almost wonder if it's because I live in an older service area and infrastructure hasn't been upgraded yet; nobody else where I live has gone through all that I have to get this resolved.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭✭
    Apr 05, 2021

We know it's not the box, and inside and outside signals and wiring has been updated and replaced. Considering multiple tech visits, which you have already had, we have to go down a different path that may not relate to Spectrum Cable. Considering that you are having audio issues whether connecting via the current TV to cable box, or the sound system, I would process eliminate through the following steps:

Can you adjust the sound settings on your TV to improve audio quality?

How old is the sound system? Brand name?

How old is the TV? Brand name?

Try a new HDMI cable. If that fails:

Get a new sound system- Might help, but you mentioned that the issue with audio cutting out was even happening when not connected to the sound system, so maybe not.

Get a new TV. I would recommend a Samsung.

Satch

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,579 Lead Mod
    Apr 08, 2021

Hello!

You said it did not happen with Spectrum Test Equipment. What kind of equipment? Did they bring a

TV set and a second box? I cant imagine that your area has not been upgraded, you say nobody else in your area is having problems. getting issues resolved. Have you tried your box with a different TV set by chance?

If you will tell us a little bit more about what steps you have tried, and what the tech tried, we can try to figure this out.

Julia_R