Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

why won't my ip show up in port forwarding

XeroMarksXeroMarks Posts: 2 ✭✭
in Connectivity Mar 31, 2021

So i recently tried to use port forwarding to set up a server for minecraft, i logged into my router and went to port forwarding i finally found my pc and attempted to port forward however when my pc comes up there is no ip address listed, only a mac address therefore it will not let me add ports or protocol's it just says something went wrong please try again later, i do not understand why this is happening i can port forward any other device except for my pc.

Replies

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 305 MOD
    Apr 02, 2021

Hello @XeroMarks and welcome to the forums!

Could you tell us what type of router you're using? Is it one you purchased? Or is it one that we provided you?

When you go to get the IP address for your PC, where exactly are you going to obtain the information?

• XeroMarksXeroMarks Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Apr 08, 2021

It is indeed the router provided by spectrum (Askey SAC2V1K) when trying to get the IP im logged into the router i go to Advanced Settings>Port Forwarding & IP Reservations and when i click on my pc it doesn't show an IP address however if i click on my phone tv etc. i will see an IP address for those

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,579 Lead Mod
    Apr 08, 2021

Are you able to connect to the internet on that computer? If you go to your command prompt

do you see an IP listed?

Julia_R