Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Is it possible to switch devices connected to an SAC2V1A between 5GHz and 2.4GHz?

TrythoTrytho Posts: 1
in Connectivity Apr 03, 2021

I am mostly asking this question due to massive packet loss happening in a room probably about 30 feet from my router. My PC constantly stays at about 2 bars of wifi and I end up with massive ping numbers and insane packet loss percentages. There was a spectrum employee here yesterday and said that it was possible to change between the two, but I'm not finding this anywhere in the spectrum app.

Tagged:

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,753 ADMIN
    Apr 05, 2021

Hi Trytho -

When both 2.4GHz and 5GHz are available, the device should automatically choose the network that offers the best connection. To select a specific network, that would be done in the device settings. Keep in mind that not all devices are 5GHz compatible. You device may need an updated NIC card or WiFi adapter if it does not currently support 5GHz.