Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Do other Spectrum customers have intermittent connection drops with the Hitron E31N2V1 cable modem?

ScanyouScanyou Posts: 1
in Connectivity Apr 06, 2021

I have a Netgear Orbi 6 mesh router. I was getting 2-4 disconnects per day. The only way to restore internet was to reset the cable modem. Resetting the router did not restore internet connectivity. I had Spectrum technicians out 3 times in one month. On the first visit, in addition to replacing the Hitron E31N2V1 cable modem with a new one (same model), the hardware was checked at the telephone pole. The dropped connectivity continued. On the second visit, portions of worn cable were replaced. The dropped connectivity continued. On the 3rd visit, the Hitron modem was exchanged for an EU2251 cable modem. That was 6 days ago. I have had a stable internet connection without a drop in connectivity since.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Anthony_VAnthony_V Posts: 29 MOD
    edited April 7 Apr 07, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello and welcome to the Community!

I am glad with the replacement of that modem you are no longer experiencing any issues. Please let us know if you do experience problems again in the future, the community would be glad to help.

Replies

• dopplegangerdoppleganger Posts: 14 ✭✭✭
    Apr 08, 2021

I didn't have the exact modem you have, but the Technicolor version of it and it was horrible. In three tech visits, I had two modem swaps, new connectors, etc. and nothing prevented the issues that were being caused. I replaced my router, my switch, and my WAP--nothing. Eventually I rage purchased a cheap DOCSIS 3.0 Motorola Modem from Amazon and all my problems went away. I think those modems (any of the E31X2V1) are just not very good.