**NEW** Advanced Search Options

We recently added advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts on the community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options

Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

TV randomly shuts off

MazelMazel Posts: 11 ✭✭✭
edited April 7 in Spectrum TV - Other Devices Apr 07, 2021

So I don’t know if this is a problem with my two month old spectrum Internet and Apple TV set up or if it’s my television itself. My 10 year old Samsung plasma has started randomly turning off after I turn it on usually TV doesn’t even come on it just makes the noise like it’s coming on and shuts itself off immediately. Doesn’t happen all the time, at least once a week. Today the TV shut itself off when I was in the other room after about two hours. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks!

Best Answer

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,622 Lead Mod
    Apr 08, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hello Mazel.

I had a Vizio TV that started doing that last year. I would have to conclude since it is physically shutting down that it would be the TV set, not the Internet connection or the Apple TV. I don think that either of those devices could cause the TV to turn off. I would check with Samsung.

Julia_R

Replies

• MazelMazel Posts: 11 ✭✭✭
    Apr 08, 2021

Samsung wanted me to update my TV I told him that the TV is 11 years old and I can’t do that. Or unplug and plug back in which I already did and it started happening again a week later anyway. Yes I have to also think this is something with the TV. Just very odd that it started happening after we got the spectrum installation So I guess it’s not just Samsung. I was thinking about getting a Sony next time. Thanks🙂

This discussion has been closed.