Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

What determines whether a call is blocked or instead just listed as Spam Risk?

bobjbklnbobjbkln Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited April 7 in Digital Phone Apr 07, 2021

Nomorobo used to block all robocalls, now with Call Guard only about 10-20% are blocked. Instead most get marked as "Spam Risk" and ring through until my answering machine picks them up. How do I stop the "Spam Risk" calls from ringing through?

Accepted Answers

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7 Apr 07, 2021 Accepted Answer

Hi There!

Welcome to the Forums! Call Spectrum and let them know that your Call Guard is not working. We had a lot of customers who set up Call Guard online, and for some accounts, it was found that when they called in, they found out that Call Guard was turned off on their account, even though it was showing up as being activated online. Let a CSR agent check your account over the phone, just to make sure that your Call Guard really is working.

Spam Risk for Call Guard indicates that there is a potential call that could be an identity problem, but Call Guard has not black listed the number yet for automatic blocking, However, note that with Spam Risk calls and blocked calls, your phone should not be ringing at all! Therefore, you need to call Spectrum to make sure that Call Guard is activated on your account. This should stop the telemarketers and robocalls.

Satch

Apr 08, 2021 Accepted Answer

I have been fine with Call Guard since reporting an issue,

But the actual progress that they are making may vary from division to division. Where I am, it has been very good. Keep in mind that Nomorobo was out for five years, and Call Guard has only been out for three months, Spectrum is doing well with Call Guard considering the short time interval that it has been released.

Satch

Replies

• bobjbklnbobjbkln Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Apr 07, 2021

Thanks for your response. I'll call them tomorrow. I assume this will fix it, but I'll report back either way.

Apr 08, 2021

Yea,

Give it like two days after you call, and see if the robocalls/telemarketers stop. They should.

Satch

• bobjbklnbobjbkln Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Apr 08, 2021

I spoke with Spectrum today. They told me that the problem is system-wide and at their end. Apparently, they are just starting up the system and first they have to identify the numbers to block shown as "Spam Risk" and then they review them. Eventually they will actually block the calls. I was told to have patience as they work this out.