Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Browser "connection reset" on initial connection to any site (followed by immediate retry/success)

mage0mage0 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited April 12 in Connectivity Apr 12, 2021

I've had a strange problem for a few months where starting a new MS Edge tab & browsing to some site will display a "connection reset" error inside the browser window. Edge seems to retry on its own: then the site shows up fine less than a second later. Multiple PCs (wired and not wired) on my home network are showing this behavior. It happens about 1 out of 10 times during a browsing session.

Is this a Specturm issue, and, if so, any idea why it would start out of the blue? Things seemed to be more reliable in the past. Solutions? Screenshot is below.

Replies

• Anthony_VAnthony_V Posts: 32 MOD
    Apr 13, 2021

Hello!

Welcome to the Community! Are you experiencing these issues with any other browsers on these devices you may use? I did locate the account with the email you had used to register and see the modem has been on quite some time without a reset. Would you be able to power cycle the modem and see if you are still experiencing these issues?

• mage0mage0 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Apr 13, 2021

Thanks for the feedback. I performed a restart via the service menu:

http://192.168.1.1/0.1/gui/#/mybox/maintenance/reset

I assume this is equivalent to what you had in mind?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,786 ADMIN
    Apr 13, 2021

You can restart the modem remotely, or you can simply unplug the power for 30 seconds or more, and then plug it back in. Thanks!