Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

For a new account can you order a 6 tuner box instead of a 4 tuner box?

BengatorBengator Posts: 1
in TV Equipment Apr 15, 2021

Can you request a 6 tuner DVR with a new account.

Best Answer

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭
    Apr 15, 2021 Accepted Answer

You can,

But you can only take what they have in inventory. Six tuner boxes are very very rare. You will most likely either get a two-tuner clock box or a 4-tuner World Box (No clock.)

Satch

Replies

• JJK1954JJK1954 Posts: 9 ✭✭✭
    edited April 25 Apr 25, 2021

I have a six tuner box. It was made by Cisco. (Probably ten years old) It has a clock, and on screen phone ID. But as I have said many times, Spectrum has a glut of very old cable boxes out there. And anything new is horrible! They do not really care about the Cable TV aspect of the industry. They are only interested in the Cell phone business. Have you ever seen a TV commercial about their Cable service?

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭
    Apr 25, 2021

I have a six tuner box. It was made by Cisco. (Probably ten years ag) But as I have said many times, Spectrum has a glut of very old cable boxes out there. And anything new is horrible! They do not really care about the Cable TV aspect of the industry. They are only interested in the Cell phone business. Have you ever seen a TV commercial about their Cable service?

Yes,

I also have a Cisco six-tuner box. Guarding it with my life1 But it's not just Spectrum. CATV services, the old school era of CATV watching has plateaued across all vendoes. We are seeing CATV on mobile devices, high-speed Internet, and mobile phone technology. I am a pioneer of old school classic CATV. I am not a fan of streaming services, and I still LOVE the big TV screen experiences. World Box was horrible when it first came out1 But they have gotten better.

Unfortunately, Spectrum feels that a 4-tuner box, as opposed to a six-tuner box is enough for today's market. I heard from an insider that the 6-tuner boxes, which dominated under the old TWC/BHN systems, cost a fortune for Spectrum to rent

They still do the Cable commercials, but now it is, "Watch TV on any device" because that is where the money is for these companies.

Satch