Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Spectrum TV App Isn't Working properly

ipm001ipm001 Posts: 2 ✭✭
in Home Networking Apr 16, 2021

I've just moved to a new home. I've have had Spectrum TV and Internet for 4+ years and I was told my account could be transferred to my new address without a problem. Yesterday a technician installed everything. The problem is: I've lost 25+ channels including many of my favorites. My TV screen says: "connect to home spectrum internet for full access". It is connected to Home Spectrum.have no control over the channels Spectrum TV app offers. I don't get it. Could someone help please? Thanks.

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,786 ADMIN
    Apr 16, 2021

Good morning and welcome!

Since you mentioned that you have recently moved, it sounds like you are trying to access Spectrum TV using the credentials from the previous address. Despite being considered a "transfer", the new address will have a new account number and you will need to set up a new username and password to access features like the TV app. Sorry for any confusion or frustration.

• ipm001ipm001 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Apr 16, 2021

Hi James_M:

thank you, I really appreciate your help. When the technician installed everything yesterday we did set up a new account. While he was here I did not realize I lost that many channels. Again, before the transfer the customer svc rep explicitly told me that there would be no change in the Spectrum TV app. After all, I moved less than 15 miles from my old address.

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 56 MOD
    Apr 22, 2021

Hello @ipm001 !

Sorry to hear about the channels changing. It has been a few days and I just wanted to jump in and ask if by chance you have called in about that and cleared things up or if you are still in need of answers. Either/or or both :) ... I would be glad to help further if needed.

Thanks for jumping into the community!