Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Using Charter/Spectrum email outside of the US

MukeMuke Posts: 1
in Email Apr 29, 2021

I know this has been ask before but I am looking for a little clarification on the accepted answer. When we are travelling outside of the US we are able to receive emails from our Charter account using the incoming server - mobile.charter.net/imap/Port: 993/Security: SSL/TLS. However we are not able to send any emails using outbound server - mobile.charter.net/SMTP/Port: 587/Security: SSL/TLS. The The accepted answer is that Spectrum webmail has always blocked access on connections outside of the US for security reasons (although as others have noted, this did work up until the merger with TWC). It states to use a third party email vendor to send/receive emails.

My question is: Does this mean that the entire Spectrum email system, including the incoming/outbound email servers as well as any Spectrum applications (webmail.spectrum.net) won't work outside of the US? I am using the K9 android app and can receive email using IMAP with the mobile.charter.net server but all my outbound email using SMTP with the mobile.charter.net fail to send.

Replies

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 320 MOD
    Apr 30, 2021

Hello @Muke and welcome to the Spectrum Community!

That is correct. The best way around that would be to use a US based VPN to send and receive mail. Spectrum mail and the My Account app / website are unable to be used outside of the US for security reasons. If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.

Paul B.