Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Lose connection to gaming servers

OfcHarperOfcHarper Posts: 1
edited August 5 in Internet 2021 Archive May 02, 2021

I've been having trouble for the last several month connecting to or staying connected to several gaming servers, seams mostly through steam. Hell Let Lose, Men of War, Beyond the Wire, all have issues. I've contacted Spectrum about the issue and of course they say that there is no issue on their end. I've replaced the modem (using both my own and spectrums), router (using 2 that I've bought), all the cat 5e cables, wiped the pc and reinstalled the OS, connected through a VPN, replaced the NIC card, used someone else's steam account (with their permission) all without any success. At this point I'm not sure what else to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 124 MOD
    May 03, 2021

Good morning! Thanks for sharing this with the community and it is my hope other gamers may chime in with some solutions/answers. I just have a couple of questions.

Is it just happening with the steam servers? Checked with there technical support; their server load/traffic?

Also, do you notice the slow down anywhere else aside from gaming (streaming services, loading websites, upload pics/video)?

Thanks again for bringing this here. We will be glad to help.

Randy

This discussion has been closed.