Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Spectrum 101 Box No Audio Thru HDMI After Reboot

jurymanjuryman Posts: 26 ✭✭✭✭
in TV Equipment May 05, 2021

I have a Spectrum 101 box connected to my Home Theater AVR via HDMI. Everything has been working fine until several days ago. Had an issue with the Guide so I did a hard reset of the box. Solved the problem with the guide but now I'm not getting audio thru the HDMI connection. I have checked settings on the TV, AVR, and cable box. Don't know what setting is causing this issue. I'm guessing it has something to do with either HDCP or ARC.

Anyone know what change could have happened as a result of the reset of the box?

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭
    May 05, 2021

Hi @juryman,

What was the problem with the Guide? I got a new Samsung Smart TV and turned off all of the advanced picture settings. I would say turn off the TV and everything else. Unplug everything for several minutes from outlets and cable connectors. With everything Off, unplug and disconnect everything. When that is done, plug everything back in. With the TV still off, plug in the cable box last. Leave the TV off as the cable box reboots. What happens after this full reconnect and reboot?

Satch

• jurymanjuryman Posts: 26 ✭✭✭✭
    May 05, 2021

Problem with the Guide was that it would come come up. Kept pressing the Guide button and nothing showed up.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭
    May 06, 2021

@juryman ,

Thanks! Try my above steps if you are still having problems with HDMI audio.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.