Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Steps to Activate HBO Max on a Samsung Smart TV?

SatchSatch Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭
in Channels & Programming May 09, 2021

Guys,

With Spectrum, as long as you have HBO in your current subscription package, HBO Max is free on all devices. How do you get it on your Samsung Smart TV? Screenshots would help a lot! I get this question often! Thank you!

Satch

Replies

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 124 MOD
    May 09, 2021

Hey Satch, great question. I love HBO Max and personally have it on my Samsung Smart TVs. It's really rather simple. You would just need to go to the app store there on your TV, search for HBO Max, install it, add it to your home bar if you want and then fire it up. Keep in mind that you will need to use your primary My Spectrum account credentials (not secondary logins).

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11 May 11, 2021

Found some helpful info:

1.)If any app is not installing, what worked on my Samsung is go to the Smart Hub with all the apps and find an app, to which you already subscribe. Enter that app. (Use your Smart TV Remote.)

2.) Turn off your TV with your Spectrum remote for at least 30 seconds.

3.) Turn the TV back on. A logo may appear with your TV and model number. The TV will be reset, with no settings changes.

4.) Using the remote that comes with your Smart TV, go to the Smart App Screen, and find your app or search for it, if it not in the Home Bar. Try installing it now.

With that helpful background info, here is how to get HBO Max on your Samsung Smart TV: Click the TV tab, if you are not already on the tap at this link below: (Remember, you must have HBO in your Spectrum Package to get HBO Max for free:)

Satch

This discussion has been closed.