Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Recorded shows when I watch them freeze on and off sometimes.Is it a bad dvr??

Ronniejames69Ronniejames69 Posts: 2 ✭✭
in TV Equipment May 10, 2021

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭
    May 10, 2021

Hello @Ronniejames69 ,

You would need to watch some of these shows live to test this theory.

Condition # 1- Show break up when being watched live as they are recorded to DVR- This would be a signal or drop line problem most likely. Call Spectrum for a signal and drop line test. Avoid rebooting any equipment, (boxes, modems, our routers for this test.) Ask tech to check your signals and line drop. Have him test On Demand. On Demand problems are often the cause of bad signals or a bad drop line.

Changing boxes will not solve signal or line problems. Updating lines or wiring fixes that

Condition #2- Shows are fine when being watched and recorded live, but break up on playback through the DVR- Still should do the signal test to rule out signal problems. But this could be an issue with failure of the boxes' hard drive. If tech says signals and wires are good, you may need a box swap.

Satch

• Ronniejames69Ronniejames69 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    May 10, 2021

Thank you Satch.I appreciate the quick response and information.I will try that.✌🏼

This discussion has been closed.